Sonic Electronix

please help me figure out what to do!!

Ok i got 2 bran new 12" memphis mojos they are 1,000 watts rms 2,000 watt peak each... now they are dual 2 ohm so i need a 2 ohm amp or two 1 ohm amps....      should i get a 06  t15002  rockfordfosgate amp... it says 1500 watts rms on its website at 2 ohm but i read online its true power is 2576 Watts RMS x 1 @ 2 ohms              idk if thats true or not but i dont want 750rms to each sub.... 1250 almost would be awesome...........              or should i get a 06  hifonics XX Colossus 2        which is 3200 watts rms at 2 ohm.... i just dont know which one would put out more TRUE power cause i think the Hifonics is 3200 at 14.4 and i think the fosgate is 2500 or what ever at 12.5..... please help!!!!!  i know fosgate is raw power and so is hifonics but idk both good brands..... both about same price....

forgot to add  i got a 94 t-bird  the v8 one.... i got lots of trunk room i got  2.25 CU foot per chamber so 4.5 total.. its a probass box  its the superbass (2) 12"s    http://www.proboxrocks.com/            i got a kinetic 2400 dry cell... and 1/0 gage wiring and a good deck..  please h elp on the amps

I have worked with the Memphis Mojo subwoofers for almost 5years now, and I know they say 750rms, but that is way underrated. infact, that 750rms is more based per coil, rather than total wired ser or parr.  I personally have installed them Mojos, the M3 (which have a bigger stronger coil than the previous models) on 2krms, and a few times the mc16-1100 mono amp on them subs . One year I ran the 1100 on the old Mojo 12 and got a 146 on the termlab with hardly evenly trying in a 6cf box tuned at 60hz. But anyways, all I was saying is that those subs power rateing are under rated. Use more power with caution if you plan on doing daily driving, and go ahead and push them to thier limits in SPL... hell, have the money, do the Memphis Mc16-4kw amp

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

well i thought about that... but the Mc16-4kw amp is a 1 ohm amp... and i got 2 dual 2 ohms subs 12" m3 mojos... so i need a 2 ohm load and ya the Mc16-4kw amp does has a 2 ohm load option but its only 2k rms... why spend that much money on only 2k watts rms.... and i really want want to buy 2 more m3 mojos cause that is a lot of money... but that would be a 1 ohm load

either the RF or the Hifonics amp will hold those Memphis subs down. my Rockford T2 12s are 1000rms and i'm running them off a hifonics 1500d, they're only getting 750rms but it's bangs like crazy .......... bass  on -7 and sub level off way up with the gain on the amp up just a tat bit. i prefer Rockford but they are quite a lil more expensive than hifonics

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived