Problem with Alpine 9886

a3b40463.jpg

Ok so I bought an Alpine 9886 and im thinking of also buying the Imprint Audio Processor and the Tuning kit that goes along with it.

Who has the Imprint and what did you gain from it?

Pros and Cons?

Is it actually worth it?

Edited by EricR

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

ok well instead of creating a new topic i figured i would just change the name of this one.

i just recently bought a used alpine 9886 and i just installed it this morning.

when i change the source to CD and put a cd in it starts to play but there is no sound at all.

but when i change it to Tuner it plays fine.

Anyone know wtf is wrong, or is there some internal settings?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

i've tried over 10 cd's.

new cd's, burned cd's, wma cd's.

they all do the same thing

^^^wierd. it might be the cd. but i'm sure you tried more than one so your headunit might be bad.

as far as the imprint upgrade. i have never used one with the imprint so i wouldn't know the difference between with and without.

i am happy with mine without the imprint since the more you tweak stuff from the headunit the more things seem to clip or have a unnatural sound

but why would the radio play fine and not the cd?

i mean when i put a cd in the seconds start counting down and the unit is reading the cd but there is no sound.

if it really is the unit is bad then im pissed.