ive been wanting to join the army for a few years

I also want to get into the army for various educational / opportunistic reasons. I chopped off 2 fingers on my dominant hand. 1 was re-attached which has an artificial joint in it now. I also lost the tip of my pointer finger. I talked to a few army recruiters and they told me that all I have to have to do was obtain papers from my doctor saying I've been released from care and that I needed to drop a bit of weight. Go ask a few recruiters they'll be your best bet on getting an idea what to do.

Edited by SojiaRaggs9000

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

Go ask, It never hurts. While numbers are up (in large part fue to the economy), we still have many standards to meet and unfortunatly I believe in your case due to a much higher risk of bleed out, possible missed opportunities to do your job, and other things I think you may really be SOL here. The recruiters will tell you to lie lie lie deny deny deny anything in your past remotly bad.

My only advice to you is do what your heart mind body and soul tell you is right. If you do this you will not fail.

Any ?'s about the military PM me. I have been in a minute, and only due to BS I caused my self am I the rank I am now. Hell my wife and I are both in still and I love it.

SMDMafiaGodsmack2.jpg

"No poor dumb bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard for his country."

George Patton

if you do get a waiver and make it past basic, and then a couple years down the road you have to get surgery they might medically discharge you.

a buddy of mine that i went to basic with had minor Heart palpitations and they discharged him after 3 years.

and i know of alot of people that get discharged because of medical problems. and now they are in the same place they were but a couple years later.

i'm not a doctor and don't know how much of a risk your problem is but give it a shot if you really want to join up. you only have one life, so do what you want.

i dont know man it sucks to hear that. but the ARMY does have a waiver for practically anything, but with the high risk of you bleeding out they may not send you into combat but rather give you a desk job. the best thing to do is see what the recruiter says. try talking to the marines as well, if combat is what your looking for then they have it. even if your at a desk your always carrying your weapon. if you get a job overseas your more likely to have a little more combat experience as a marine. but i hope it works out for you man.

what kind of position are you looking for ?

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

what everybody's ranks on here.

just wondering.

i'm E-4 senior airman. been in for 3 years.

That sucks. If it is a serious problem, are you sure you want to take the risk of joining the army and then have something bad happen? Hopefully you will be able to get a waiver and join. I'm an E-4 in the Navy, but I'm planning on joining the army soon. I'm in Iraq right now with a CA Brigade and I kind of like the army alot more than the Navy. Hopefully everythin will work out for you.

2000 VW Jetta

Pioneer headunit

1 Soundstream PC.6 6.5" component set

4 Pioneer TSA6984R 6x9

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

2 15" Sundown Audio E's in 4 cubes @35hz

Digital Designs CM1000

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

R.I.P.1995 Chevy Blazer LS

Rockford Fosgate headunit

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5"

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4x6

2 Rockford Fosgate T1 4"

Hifonics Warrior hcx5.2c

4 Selenium 6w4p 6"

18" Mmats Juggernaut in 4.5 cubes @ 27hz

Hifonics Brutus 1200

Rockford Fosgate Punch p400.4

Alpine 4 channel

Optima Red Top

Plans

New Box

New headunit

New Amps

^^^whats your job?

i do hydraulics on c-130's.

I got in on waivers. If they want you you will get in. I think some of it depends on the aptitude test you take. I scored really high on it and they said we will just sweep this little problem of your under the rug and I was on the bus before I knew it.

If I had to do it again I would have went to Ocs and became an Officer.

But the tour I did in the Army is something I've never regretted doing and is the one thing in my life I would do again if I had to do it over.

If someone is joining just for a job I'd say it isn't worth it. But if you are joining for the right reasons it's a great thing to do.

yeah if you score well on the asvab try and get a job that they need more people in. im going into the marines next summer as an EOD. i have asthma but it never bothers me, but if you have it after your 13th bday or something they consider you an asthmatic for the rest of your life. but marines are in desperate need of eod's so the only ruling factor is if i make it through boot camp.. which is most likely since i run xc and weightlift all the time. hopefully my asthma wont make a freak appearance while im there.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

thanks guys for all your help i think ill go with what the majority of you said and go to a local recruiting office and see what they think about it and who knows maybe theyll say that they see it come through there all the time.