Second Skin Audio

rusty959's damplifier pro install

So Ive been putting off installing this stuff much longer than I wanted to. It doesn't even seem like its been close to a month. I really wanted to figure out what im going to do with my front soundstage and deaden according to that plan, but it seems like I still don't know what I want to do. (slightly due to funds as well... I haven't even ordered a recone for my blown lvl4 yet for the same reason)

Anyways, I started/continued the process to deaden my doors. Ill let the pics do the explaining.

Basically todays starting position

IMG_1730.jpg

top pannel off

IMG_1731.jpg

Plastic discarded

IMG_1732.jpg

Ready to deaden the inside of the door

IMG_1733.jpg

So at this point, I preceded to cut out a piece to put on. Unfortunately, once cut, I couldn't peel off the paper backing. I guess it was just too hot out, but I didn't have time to cool things down, and I couldn't get out later tonight. Hopefully tomorrow ill get a little further.

aight, slight update. got 3 sheets of on the outer skin on one my doors. Im not sure what ill do for the rest of this door, as the door pack only has 8 sheets, and ive already used 3 on the one door. I might just leave it be.... anyways, It does seem like I notice a slight amount less road noise on that side of the car. That being said, most of my noise comes from my exhaust at the back... from the removal of the carpet etc to make room for my box. maybe I should look into putting something back there.... anyways.....

IMG_1784.jpg

and, I made a little vid of me thumping on the doors. woot.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">