theres a new one opening near me and i was thinking about applying there. I dont know to much about cars but i really want to work there. What type of stuff do i need to know to work there? Does anyone work at a store like that?

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

yeah, im 19 and can walk in to most parts stores around me trying to find something and the people there not have a clue what im talking about. Oreillys seems to be the best of them all around here for being knowledgeable..

But your basic car knowledge and being a good worker (if that) is what most parts stores hire on..

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

its not their job to be a mechanic if they where then they would be making alot more money at some other place, their job is to help you find parts or search for parts,

Edited by Eric B

2m26gzm.png

1996 Camaro RS

Rockford Fosgate BD1000.1

Rockford Fosgate 400a4 Old Skool

2x 12" TSW3001-D4 Pioneer Subs

Pioneer deh-p980bt

Yellow Top Primary Battery

1.5 Diesel Audio Cap<Its just there to impress the females with shiny things ;)

Kinetik HC800

Honestly, as long as you can work a computer you should be good. You'll pick up on information as you work there. Most problems people come there for are relatively easy to figure out. Good luck man.

Edited by Eric B

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I don't work there but I can walk into any store and do everything on the computer other than handle money, The parts layouts behind the counter are pretty strait forward and I can pick my own parts off the shelf. My buddy works at one and from what he tells me you don't need any experience to do anything there. Someone said all you need to know is how to drive a car, some of the guys don't even know how to do that... Fun side note, My Advance has an O-Scope. They got an insane DMM that does a bunch of other stuff...

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

yeah most of the people they hire are relatively low qualified. at least the one over near me they dont know much of anything about cars when it comes to anything past basic knowlege, (fuses, simple wiring, etc..) you can learn most of the stuff just by looking at a manual for your own car and applying that basic knowlege to other cars. using google or other search engines and type in anything you might not be sure of or problems you hear about while your there will help alot too. basically if you know how to use a computer and change your oil, and other fluids and have basic analytical skills you will be fine.

good luck dude

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

yeah dont forget winsheild wipers! haha

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

There is nothing really that would keep u from getting that job. i will say this though.

I went into Home Depot last weekend with my grandfather who did construction for 40 years. and not one person had a clue what we were trying to find. they sent us around the store for 40 mins in circles. It really helps to know what you're doing lol. But in advanced auto everythings in the system so all u would need to know is use the computer or just actually find the stuff on the shelf lol.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D