Sundown Audio

t8004 rockford amp

zack74562

i got my sounds installed yesterday and something's wrong. can someone tell me why my t8004 rockford amp is making a humming sound? the humming sound is soft from the back of the trunk but when you go inside the front you can hear it loud and clear on a low volume. when i turn the volume up i can rarely hear it but still it gets irritating. what would be the problem? the guy who installed it told me it was the amp and to contact the person i bought it from and to let em' know aboout the situation. i' will do that soon but could anyone tell me? i'm running ust one component set at total max power of 400watts on this amp for now i have another set but it will go in soon.

I just noticed something about the sound. when i turn the key on to acc the first click it doesn't make that funny sound but when i start the car it comes on. i haven't checked out the rca cables yet but i'll try that later today. i forgot something else i have a bluetooth but it was disconnected not completely though. the lights on the parrot bluetooth is still on. maybe that's another reason?

i have a JVC CD/DVD Touch deck. the guy who installed my system said there was something wrong with the amp that was causing that noise but like when i have the key on the first click it's not making that funny noise. so, the amp is good right? he said i should upgrade my deck because of something with like a 2channel that they had to split the wires out? i have 3 250A Fuses.

what i got so far

1-13w7 sub

1-1000 1v2 amp

1-focal k3p

1-t8004 amp

i'm going to put another set later.

i will take the blue tooth out but i have to see. i haven't taken a car apart before i don't wanna break any clips that can't go back together. do i take the whole dash out or do i take out ust the deck? circuit city installed it for me like 6-7 months ago.

Maybe your RCAs (idk what RCA you have), or maybe engine noise.

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe your RCAs (idk what RCA you have), or maybe engine noise.

i got monster brand cables. it's being split off to one connection at the back of the cd deck.

i notice when i move the splitter towards the back of the deck it starts making that lound static humming sound and when i move it away it get's softer.

couple of days ago while listening to my sounds and driving at the same time my components went off on me. the subs were still going. i'm not sure i didn't really stoped and looked but i went to smell if anything was burnt and i didn't smell burnt. my car completely died out. so right now i'm charging the batteries. could it be the batteries being so low powered that it suddendly went off? it's wierd cause wouldn't the sub also shut off. unless a fuse burnt out. i try to see after the batteries are charge but does any one know any possiblities that may have shut off the components? i was told from the guy that installed my sound system that something was wrong with my rockfordt800-4 to try to send it back and get it fixed. it doessn't seem like it's the amp because i can't hear that funny sound coming out of the amp. i ust here it in the component speakers. i have two focal component sets (k3p) but only one set it is running. the max power is 400 watts is this amp too powerful? it doesn't seem like it sounds good as i accpected it to be as everyone says it is.