i know how to fix the dreaded Ring of Death

i know how to fix it and came up with an educated answer to why Xbox 360 breaks. PM me if ure having a problem and we can fix it!!!

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

My 360 Elite did it a couple months ago, but microsoft warranties the 3 rings for 3 years from when you purchased it.

They paid shipping to get it fixed, fixed it free then shipped it back for free.

edit: They actually gave me a brand new 360 elite.

2 SSA Xcon 18's

Sundown 2500D

Pioneer

4 Stinger SPV35 batts

SecondSkin Audio Damp Pro

Knukonceptz Flex[/size][/b]

My 360 Elite did it a couple months ago, but microsoft warranties the 3 rings for 3 years from when you purchased it.

They paid shipping to get it fixed, fixed it free then shipped it back for free.

edit: They actually gave me a brand new 360 elite.

no shit dem bad words told me mine wasnt under warranty anymore, so i went to work on it the 360 design is its down fall is semi-educated guess

It's not hard to figure out why they do it... The x-clamp that holds the heatsinks down pulls down on the board on the corners.... coupled with the heat from the chips it causes the solder leads to break... causing the RROD. Easy fix. Get nylon washers and screw to replace the x-clamps... tighten down.... hit with a heat gun to resolder the broken leads and it's fixed.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yeah it is pretty easy but i was just willing to help those that dont understand how to do it and/or whos 360 is out of warranty!!

Archived