hey ever one im big dee ive been dabling in car audio for years now and im building a little somethin in my work ride witch is a one ton van going with 10 12s the hifonics hfs got em from audiosavings.com cool guys there and cheap. any way i seen steve meade on youtube about 3 maybe 4 years ago i thouht his shit was insaine. the man has skills .

names ryan, found the site from all the vids on youtube. upgrading system and wanted help and advice for y all. This site is a big help for everyone! Nice site steve. Oh and i had to get the SMD hat... YOU KNOW!! haha :yahoo:

powerbass_logo_orange2-1.jpg

JENSEN 7" FLIP OUT H/U

*2 5 1/4 PIONEER DOOR SPEAKERS

*4 PLANET AUDIO TWEETERS

*2 6X9 PIONEER SPEAKERS

*2 12 POWERBASS 3XL'S

3000 WATT POWERBASS AMP

Hi everyone, I've read these forums and watched Steve's videos as a guest for a while, but now I am a new member here. In fact, this is only my second post.

I've been in construction my whole life and now I am an IT (computer systems) student in college. I am pretty old school as far as audio is concerned. I have been installing my own and many friend's systems since way back in the 1980's. I also have an extreme passion for hometheater/home audio. I have a crazy system in a dedicated hometheater room at my house that puts all movie theaters to shame with 8500 watts RMS. I have to say 'MAD PROPS' to Steve for doing his thing always the right way and never half-assing anything. You gotta respect that. That's always been my philosophy in all aspects of life. If you are going to do something, do it right and do it all the way or don't do it at all. If you can't afford to do it right, save up and wait until you can. You will always be better off in the long run.

I found this forum after watching Steve's Youtube videos. Like a lot of people here, I go for a few years without a real system and then I get the bug again. I had a smaller system a few years ago, but I've never been quite satisfied with them in the past. They are always loud and clean because I never use cheap equipment, but I always want a little more.

I've always wanted to get an SUV to install my own system in (the wife has a Suburban, but she won't let me at it) and I finally got one. I just bought a 2002 Escalade and a ton of gear for it. Here is my list of goodies:

1 Eclipse 55090 DVD head unit with 39011 surround processor

1 Xenarc touch screen 8" & 10" monitor (I have both sizes and I haven't decided which one to custom mold into my dash)

1 ASRock ION330-HT-BD computer with a CarNetix CNX-P2140 (running XP and my entire music library in .wav files on the hard drive, it also plays BluRay)

2 JL Audio ZR 6.5/tweet component sets (in custom glassed door panels)

2 JL Audio ZR 8" midbass drivers (in custom glassed door panels)

2 Eclipse Kapton Ribbon mids (going on top of the dash firing off of the windshield)

2 MB Quart 5.5/tweet component sets (in custom glassed rear door panels)

5 Eclipse 33230 Amps (running the highs)

3 JL Audio 13W7's (in rear in sealed enclosures for now, but soon to be in custom vented)

1 Orion D5000 amp (running the 3 JL 13W7's)

2 Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 processors

2 Iraggi 220 amp alternators

1 Red Top Optima battery (under the hood)

1 XS Power D3100 (in rear next to amps)

3 runs of 0 Gauge (to back)

I am just now starting this build. I hope that it will be the system I have always wanted. I'm not really into blowing people's heads off with just bass SPL. I really want it to be extremely clean and loud on the highs with a good balance of loud enough, accurate bass.

Black 2002 Cadillac Escalade on black 24"x10" KMC Slides

System:

1 Eclipse 55090 DVD head unit (8V) with 39011 surround processor (S/PDIF optical cable runs straight digital sound from computer into 39011 processor)

1 Xenarc touch screen 8" monitor in my dash

1 Habey EPC-6568 Mini-ITX NVIDIA ION 2 (Intel Atom D525, 1.8GHz, dual-core, 4G DDR2, Windows 7) no discs/all music on hard drive as .wav files

2 JL Audio ZR 6.5/tweet component sets (pairs) in custom glassed door panels

2 JL Audio ZR 8" midbass drivers (in custom glassed door panels)

2 Eclipse Kapton Ribbon mids (on top of the dash firing off of the windshield)

2 JL Audio ZR tweeters in A-pillar

4 Eclipse 33230 Amps 130 watts x 2 @ 4ohms running the highs)

3 TC Sounds LMS-R 15" subs in rear cargo area in ported enclosure tuned to 28hz (subs firing up, port firing to the rear)

1 Sundown SAZ-4500D (running the 3 TC Sounds subs)

2 Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 processors

2 Iraggi 220 amp alternators

1 XS Power S3400 (under the hood)

1 XS Power D3100 (in rear next to amps)

3 runs of 0 Gauge (to back)

Name is Don found you on youtube and have been hooked love the work you do and cant wait to get back home to get a demo

I took a Shit one day and looked in the toilet and found this forum...Haha jk steve!

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

I'm Adam, I am 16 and getting my license on friday (lol)

I found out about the SM in general on youtube when i first watched the 20,000w window shake, was very impressed so I began watching a lot of Steve's videos then because a basshead myself. Now i can't change when I got myself into loving.

I found about SMD.com on (all) of Steve's YT videos and first time went on to downlaod a bunch of songs, then recently to download Psyph's new mixtape and then made an acc a few days ago and here I am!

04 Lancer CH ES

JVC KD-R626 H/U

(2) JL Audio Evolution C2-650 Components

RE Audio SEX 12" D4

JL Audio XD 600/1 Monoblock

Damn! i´ve been posting for 2 months already and forgot to introduce myself, here it goes:

My name is Javier Duque, i´m a Venezuelan living at Panama City, PANAMA right now; I´ve been on car audio since i was 16 and my love and passion for it grows every day, i´m 28 years old right now. I´m the Panamenian 2009 Bass Race champion on the 149.9 class, i did it with my little swift and now i bought also a Explodder, wich, it´s the loudest car on this small country right now, whatever help i can provide you don´t mind asking, i´m here to learn also, i love SMD forum :yahoo:

By the way, you can see my videos here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/twingo16V

Cheers :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/