Oh yea that's plenty of room for a ported box for some 12s... And a single sheet of mdf would be plenty to do it... I'll run some numbers and get you something you could use... You will also need to order some pvc pipe but that isn't too expensive...

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Do you have clearance above the 18 height? Or would that put it against your ceiling? I'm thinking about putting the port and subs on top but there would need to be room for it to breath

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

Do you have clearance above the 18 height? Or would that put it against your ceiling? I'm thinking about putting the port and subs on top but there would need to be room for it to breath

Yea i have room above, was using 18 inches as the tailgate height, but can go higher...

2010 Chevy  HHR Panel (Work in progress)

Pioneer AVHX-5800BHS

McLaren MLM880's and MLT2's 2ea per door on a DC 175.4

Two DC Audio M4 Level 5 15's On A DC5K

Alt CES 200/270+

4ea Banks of Maxwell 2.7v 3000f caps for a total of 2000f

1ea XS 3100 and 2ea NSB FT170 Batts for 450+ah 

Not a HUGE build but here it is... DC Audio HHR Build

TDH-skater229.jpg
SkaterLogo.jpg

Sup guys. Been here for a few weeks now, figured I'd start getting some intros and build stuff up since I'll be hanging around for a while. ;)

Nate LeJeune is the name. I am 33, married with two little boys. FB: https://www.facebook.com/nathan.lejeune I am a student pastor in Jennings, which means I lead students for a church. I am very involved in school and have owned my own business twice.

Cars have always been a connection that my little brother and I shared and he was the one who turned me on to SMD and this site.

I purchased my car a little over a year ago. It's a 2012 Hyundai Veloster that we call 'Violet'. She came right off the truck and into my hands. It was the only one they were going to have for weeks and so I jumped on it with the deal from the wife that I could fix her up myself instead of waiting for a better model with all the bells and whistles.

First thing we did was put some wheels on it and then I threw in a stereo that I had laying around from an older build that I had gotten rid of. Then that was promptly stolen and I was told about Fi. Next thing I know I get bitten by the audio bug and I find myself here looking for help, making a cool new friend in Ky and looking to get a build page up.

Little page on car domain for my car: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3971695/2012-hyundai-veloster/

Next up is a build post.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

natesbanner-3.jpg
Fi/DC/SHCA/SMD fanatic
Some people talk about changing the world, others of us actually do it.

Violet's Build:
Dynomat Xtreme deadener (all doors and trunk)
(2) RF 200w circuit breaker
RF RCA's
VM-1
1/0 gauge welding lead
Big 3

Singer Hairpin Alt (blue)
7" touch screen HU (factory)
Diamond tweets

Mids (front) RF 6.5
Mids (rear) CVL64MBX
Massive 7 band EQ/Xover/line driver
Sky High 12 g wire & heat shrink for 1/0 g
DB Link/Sky High Ring Terminals
2 - Fi BL 12's
Ported box tuned to 32
DC 175.4
DC 2k
D2700 and XP950 XS Batteries
Project DB connectors/step downs
DD-1

Sup people, i'm a newbie originally from Houston,Tx but live in 7 cities Virginia now and don't have the slightest clue about car audio. I own a 4 door 78 Oldsmobile Delta 88 which is almost identical of a Caprice. I have an Alpine head Unit with Pioneer 6x9 in the rear dash and I replace the front factory speakers with a set of Legacy tweeters. Plans are to do an engine build, which will most likely be a LS Swap, full interior overhaul, with a touch of fiberglass wraped in material (suede etc...) and hopefully something in the trunk that will shake the ground. 26 inch wheels, sunroof. Right now i'm at the point of pulling out the interior as well as the motor and transmission. Doe have to patch 1 floor panel on passenger side. I would like for my highs/Mids to scream & have clarity like they do in Florida but with lot less speakers in the door. Budget hopefully no more than $2500.00. 32242280024_large.jpg

hi my names jacob and yes im a bass head but who on heres not right im a do it ur self kinda guy been doin this for a couple years now and i have a carpentry back ground but still have tons to learn and hopefully thanks to all u audio heads out there im able to become better right now im running a single orion hcca 15.2 had a re xtx 5000.1 on there but somthing on that amp faild currently upgraded alt and a second kenetik 80hr battery in the rear of my 95 yukon 2 door i was debating on a crescendo bc3500 what do u guys think?

Edited by crooked

Whats goin on, I'm slimm from MS bt stationed in Va Beach. I found the site by watching the youtube videos. Trying to get back into the car audio/ video world.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

"He is I and I is Him.. Slimm with the tilted brim"

-Snoop-

For now....

2007 maxima

Stock hu

2 pioneer champion series 12s

Kole 3000d ("1300 rms" @2ohms)

1 farad cap

Line driver (off brand)

Not bad for a $220 starter kit

:WELCOME::WELCOME::WELCOME::WELCOME:

where at in VA Beach? if you want there's a thread for us VA ppl that you can post in too and keep an eye on it HatersGonnaHate posts in there when there's a car show or competition in VA so then you can go check it out meet fellow car guys and see what's out there

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

My Build Log