Eolly Posted August 6, 2009 Report Posted August 6, 2009 Can I? I have a 02 Dakota Im looking at adding some bass tot he stock system. I will be upgrading the h/u later but currently no plans. I want to keep the rear seat as functional as possible, meaning the smaller seat behind the passenger is available at ALL times. I also want to be able to easily pull the box if I need to. With that in mind what type of sub and box combo would you guys recommend. I was looking at a minimum of 1k power. Im willing to go window high to achieve cubic volume. Im not really looking to hit serious db's just want to get low and make people turn their head. Go check yo lawn homie
siucsaluki11 Posted August 6, 2009 Report Posted August 6, 2009 even at 1k id suggest a 4ch amp and new door speakers after in the near future. I was runnin a bit under 1k in my blazer to 2 12s and when i turned it up the mids and highs were almost non existant. And if you plan on runnin more, its not going to be an addition to your stock system, youre gunna wanna replace it. woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port... YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.
Eolly Posted August 10, 2009 Author Report Posted August 10, 2009 Question Im going to build the box myself and was curious is it necessary to glass the inside of the box? Its been over 20 years since I had my hands on fiberglass and resin. Even then it was in high school vo-ag. I think we had to atleast try to use the stuff for a partial grade. I was thinking using really good glue and making sure all inside joints are sealed silicone would be enough. Am I wrong in thinking this? Go check yo lawn homie
1lownoma Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 Question Im going to build the box myself and was curious is it necessary to glass the inside of the box? Its been over 20 years since I had my hands on fiberglass and resin. Even then it was in high school vo-ag. I think we had to atleast try to use the stuff for a partial grade. I was thinking using really good glue and making sure all inside joints are sealed silicone would be enough.Am I wrong in thinking this? glassing the inside is not "necessary" but it does yeils a better functioning box. As far as construction materials go i would use some tightbondII and either pres drill your holes and use screws or use small brad nails
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.