Are my Speakers Blown

There is probably a constant voltage coming from your amp's outputs. Get a spare 12" sub or something and hook it up to it for just a moment with nothing playing, watch the cone and see if it jumps either up or down - this indicates if you have DC offset. Offset will kill speakers really fast because there's a constant current running through them so they just heat up.

This is caused by leaky or shorted output transistors or occasionally bad drive transistors driving the power transistors open all the time. I hope that makes it a little clearer :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Well, the amp is a factory amp from Chevrolet. No idea how to adjust it as it has no knobs or nothing. Don't really want to change it out because other things plug into it. I threw a spare set of Xovers on it. Seems okay, still can't get no bass to them.

what did u have ur xover set to? u can blow a speaker 2 ways, mechanically and thermally, mechanically does with over excuring the woofer @ any givin freq n the woofer rips itself appart, mechanically means u give it hella power at a higher freq and the speaker isn't able to move to dissapate heat accuratly n it burns itself up due to excess heat

but i think u clipped the shit out of em, is u all u got 1 set of comps for those 12's? its hard to get one set of speakers to keep up wit loud bass all by themselves

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Well, the amp is a factory amp from Chevrolet. No idea how to adjust it as it has no knobs or nothing. Don't really want to change it out because other things plug into it. I threw a spare set of Xovers on it. Seems okay, still can't get no bass to them.

haha what?

2 RE SE @ 32Hz

AQ 1200D

Image Dynamics Ctx65cs

Hifonics Zxi6008

Are my Speakers Blown

Are they smiling and smoking a cigarette?

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields