Thats about all it did..that and crush alot of cars that could've/should've still been on the road.

I know alot of people without cars that would love to get a gass guzzlin 1990's grand torino wagon just to have a ride to work.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

/\that, that, and...yup, all of it.

Too many projects, too little time...

I hate to keep on pulling this up.... lol

I drove by all of the car dealerships in town last night and I was sickened. All the CFC cars were in the back of the dealerships and the entire time out of at Least 50 cars, I saw only 4 that were in WORSE visible shape than my van. I saw 3 Caddys (nice ones mind you), more SUVs than I would care to remember, and all other manner of vehicles that were infinitely better than my first vehicle. Last year, vehicles of their caliber would have been in the 5k $ lot. I was sickened knowing that these are going to be destroyed. ...oh sorry, "recycled".

The really funny thing is- I wasn't the only one driving the Clunker lot.... There were more people driving around in the Clunker lots than there were in the new car lots! What does that tell you?

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Man I am right there with you, I can stand the WASTE!!!!

2 15"s Re-coned with a Custom re-cones with DD 9500 coils, Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bd, Designated Aux. 190 amp Alt@ 15.5 volts, Duel High Rate Aux. Batts. Doing 143+'s (current box and subs haven't been metered), 1st place in 129.9 Bass Race and a 2nd and a 3rd in NW DB Drag in the last two shows. Only gone two 2 show total thought, so not to bad

O and J00bles spending money means actual money, not credit money. That kind of spending is what got use in this mess.

very true. since computers play such a huge role in our lives, all of our money has become "electronic" or "credit"

spending cash is much better for the economy than spending credit is

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

around 500,000 cars were sold. All of which had better fuel economy (burns less to go the same distance) and less emissions (refer to previous bows). I think it went way friggin better then anyone could have expected. Some people (not actual dealerships) are saying they don't think dealers are going to get paid but to beg to differ. Go to any dealership that did NOT participate because they were too political and stupid to do the right thing for their employees and ask if any cars were sold. I'm sure they had a couple of protest sales but they saw nothing like the spike in sales (that means high commissions) as the dealers who used their brains and sod mountains of cars.

Some one please tell me how this was a bad program. Be specific because I will try and do the same when I respond.

around 500,000 cars were sold. All of which had better fuel economy (burns less to go the same distance) and less emissions (refer to previous bows). I think it went way friggin better then anyone could have expected. Some people (not actual dealerships) are saying they don't think dealers are going to get paid but to beg to differ. Go to any dealership that did NOT participate because they were too political and stupid to do the right thing for their employees and ask if any cars were sold. I'm sure they had a couple of protest sales but they saw nothing like the spike in sales (that means high commissions) as the dealers who used their brains and sod mountains of cars.

Some one please tell me how this was a bad program. Be specific because I will try and do the same when I respond.

I posted somewhere in this thread that it would take about 12 years for a prius to pay for itself assuming your "clunker" you traded got 15 mpg. But I'll redo it with the latest numbers.

Your clunker gets 15 mpg. you drive 30 miles everyday roundtrip. So you drive (30 * 365 = ) 10,950 miles a year. At 15 mpg you use 730 gallons per year. At 3 dollars per gallon, you pay $2190.

According to the news, the avg. mpg of new vehicles sold was 25 mpg. So you still drive 30 miles per day or 10,950 miles per year. At 25 mpg, you use 438 gallons of gas. At 3 dollars a gallon, you pay $1314.

You save $876 dollars per year. Assuming you buy a $20,000 dollar car and get the full $4,500 discount, you end up paying $15,500.

Not including interest on the car, it will take you ($15,500 / $876 = ) 17.69 years for the car to pay for itself. Most people bought these cars assuming they would have a quick return on their money.

You'll notice that as gas prices drop, it takes longer for the car to pay for itself.

Emissions wise, the program definitely helped short term. But a lot of people who bought these cars who could not afford them (and wouldn't have bought them if not for this program) will lose these cars and they will end up on the used car lots by the hundreds.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

I posted somewhere in this thread that it would take about 12 years for a prius to pay for itself assuming your "clunker" you traded got 15 mpg. But I'll redo it with the latest numbers.

Your clunker gets 15 mpg. you drive 30 miles everyday roundtrip. So you drive (30 * 365 = ) 10,950 miles a year. At 15 mpg you use 730 gallons per year. At 3 dollars per gallon, you pay $2190.

According to the news, the avg. mpg of new vehicles sold was 25 mpg. So you still drive 30 miles per day or 10,950 miles per year. At 25 mpg, you use 438 gallons of gas. At 3 dollars a gallon, you pay $1314.

You save $876 dollars per year. Assuming you buy a $20,000 dollar car and get the full $4,500 discount, you end up paying $15,500.

Not including interest on the car, it will take you ($15,500 / $876 = ) 17.69 years for the car to pay for itself. Most people bought these cars assuming they would have a quick return on their money.

You'll notice that as gas prices drop, it takes longer for the car to pay for itself.

Emissions wise, the program definitely helped short term. But a lot of people who bought these cars who could not afford them (and wouldn't have bought them if not for this program) will lose these cars and they will end up on the used car lots by the hundreds.

So how was it not a success again?

Archived