Sundown Audio

Plese Help w/Audiobahn AW1251T & Memphis 16-MC1.1100

eloc187

Hope this is the right section to post this but here goes. I had to start using these (AW1251T) Audiobahn's again since my JL 12W/0 subs both blew the other day. I was running the JL's in a sealed box for a couple years on a old school Legacy 4ch 1000W amp and they pounded like crazy even though the amp didn't put out more then maybe 500W at most. The amp wouldn't run these subs since they are duel 4 Ohm voice coil subs unless wired as 8 Ohm loads per bridged channel which did sound good but no more pound. Tonight I stopped into Independece Audio and Video which is a very high class stereo shop in town and they said this Memphis (16-MC1.1100) amp would be perfect and even more powerful then I need really so I bought it. This is a mono block class D amp and is certified to run 1250W @ 1 Ohm RMS. I hooked up the subs the way he told me to which was positive from amp to positive on each voice coil per sub and same with negatives. It hits hard for the most part but not very deep at all more like mid bass even though all freq. are set the same as before. I have the amp set to 3/4 gain, bass boost all the way down, low pass filter on amp set to around 80Hz, subsonic filter set to 20Hz (not really sure what this does just left it where set out of the box since everything was turned down anyways from factory), and the input sensitivity switch set to x10 (has two settings either 100mV-1V or 1V-10V). Is there something I have set wrong or wired wrong or are these subs just unable to produce the deep bass I was use to with the JL's even though they were old and a cheap version. Oh and these Audiobahn's are in the same type of sealed box as the JL's where and are able to run 400W RMS. Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks Eric

Archived