Second Skin Audio

Three 12 Ohm load

JBIRD

Ok i have two 12 pioneer ts-w308d4s with a RF 501s amp at 4ohms. im wanting to add another pioneer d4 and im wondering if i can run it on the RF amp. the amps says its bridgable at 4 ohms so im guessing ill blow it if the ohm load isnt 4? if so can i get the three 12s to 4ohms. the 2 twelves i have right now are running at 4ohms

that amp can go to 2ohm iirc. "bridging" means when you connect the neg and pos from your subs to the neg and pos on your amp that are usually on the opposite ends of your amp terminals.

you can get 2 outputs from 3 d4 subs put together

3_4ohm_dvc_267ohm.gif

3_4ohm_dvc_6ohm.gif

i would go with the 2.67ohm load. with rise you may hit the 4ohm mark that you want.

Team Bass-Hz

the amp is rated at 4ohm bridged. but rise will occur when you connect them so your amp might read the subs at a different load. but you dont want to wire them at a 6ohm load (i mean you could, but do you really want to?) the only real option is to wire them at the 2.67ohm. you can try to wire them bridged but if your amp goes into protect, then you know its too low of a load and will have to switch up the wiring differently.

Team Bass-Hz

Archived