Sundown Audio

Kicker Zx-750.1 Vs. Soundstorm F2800

Cdizzle

Right now I have a Kicker Comp VR hooked up to my SoundStorm F2800 amplifier. I was wondering how much of a difference it would make if I bought the Kicker ZX-750.1 amplifier. I have the subwoofer hooked up pulling a 2 ohm load from the amp... Let me know if anyone can answer this question...Thanks.

Cameron

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

The CVR isn't rated to handle 750 watts RMS, plus that amp is CEA-certified which means it is underrated. Also, I cannot stress enough the fact that MAX power on ANY amp DOES NOT exist.

Edited by Chris

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

The CVR isn't rated to handle 750 watts RMS, plus that amp is CEA-certified which means it is underrated. Also, I cannot stress enough the fact that MAX power on ANY amp DOES NOT exist.

Well what kind of kicker amp do you suggest. I know that the Max power does not exist and that you should always go by the RMS. I contacted Soundstorm and the guy told me that none of their products are CEA-certified cause they didnt wanna pay the extra money...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Yeah, Soundstorm isn't as badly overrated as a lot of companies out there. If you wanna stay with kicker, go for the ZX400.1. It'll put out around 450-500RMS at 2ohms.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Well what kind of kicker amp do you suggest. I know that the Max power does not exist and that you should always go by the RMS. I contacted Soundstorm and the guy told me that none of their products are CEA-certified cause they didnt wanna pay the extra money...

The soundstorm is prolly producing more than enough power to get max performance out of one CVR. Getting a more expensive amp might clean up the cvr a little bit but its not gonna get much louder if it does at all.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

The soundstorm is prolly producing more than enough power to get max performance out of one CVR. Getting a more expensive amp might clean up the cvr a little bit but its not gonna get much louder if it does at all.

Well, the guy at Circuit City that installed the sub cause i kept hooking it up wrong, said that this amp that I have now is not maxing it out, he said that it wasnt even close... He told me they have a nice kicker amp but didnt recommend a series/name. Can you guys tell me how to check the RMS with a multimeter?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Yeah, Soundstorm isn't as badly overrated as a lot of companies out there. If you wanna stay with kicker, go for the ZX400.1. It'll put out around 450-500RMS at 2ohms.

Plus I wouldnt be able to run the sub at 2 ohms, that is if I got the ZX400.1 because, it is dual 2 ohm voice coils....

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Right now I have a Kicker Comp VR hooked up to my SoundStorm F2800 amplifier. I was wondering how much of a difference it would make if I bought the Kicker ZX-750.1 amplifier. I have the subwoofer hooked up pulling a 2 ohm load from the amp... Let me know if anyone can answer this question...Thanks.

Cameron

Plus I wouldnt be able to run the sub at 2 ohms, that is if I got the ZX400.1 because, it is dual 2 ohm voice coils....

Well then how is it pulling a 2ohm load from the amp? There is no way I could have known what coil configuration you have or that you have one coil going to each channel since singular and plural expressions were mixed up somehow.

Edited by Chris

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.

Well then how is it pulling a 2ohm load from the amp? There is no way I could have known what coil configuration you have or that you have one coil going to each channel since singular and plural expressions were mixed up somehow.

Since it is a 2 channel amp, I have the dual 2 ohm coils on the sub hooked up making it a 4 ohm load, once bridged to the amp it pulls 2 ohms from the amp. That is how circuit city hooked it up and explained it...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Circuit city lied to you. You cannot have a 2ohm load on the amp if your subs are wired to make a 4ohm load. It's either/or if you only have one sub and since you have dual 2ohm voice coils, it's either a 4ohm load or a 1ohm load.

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

All in a CAR.