white4d96 Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 Some of you may have seen my earlier post about wanting to upgrade away from my Alpine S-10s. The don't take rated power mechanically (run ice cold though), don't sound loud or low enough, etc etc. I was considering just straight-replacing with a set of R-10s or something similar. BUT! My friend mentioned something about maybe being able to do a 15 for cheaper. So, here's the question. Does anyone know of a 15" woofer that could take at the absolute least 1200 rms watts (I would prefer a little cushion though) and not sound like junk for...$200 or less shipped? I know, the budget is laughable, but I figured that if I spend $200 on a woofer, and $100 on building a box, it would be about the same as the direct-swap with a pair of 600w woofers, and that it would be easier to get low (my system sounds like dog crap below about 30hz on a surgically-clean piece of music), maybe better for SQ (one woofer vs two? idk, just a stab in the dark) and simpler to install. I would like something that can go to a one-ohm load, so a dual-2 or dual-1 maybe? and like I said, 1200+ rms, but I would like a little more just for a safety cushion if at all possible. Thanks in advance. Too many projects, too little time...
CaptainzPlanetz Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 Some of you may have seen my earlier post about wanting to upgrade away from my Alpine S-10s. The don't take rated power mechanically (run ice cold though), don't sound loud or low enough, etc etc. I was considering just straight-replacing with a set of R-10s or something similar. BUT! My friend mentioned something about maybe being able to do a 15 for cheaper. So, here's the question. Does anyone know of a 15" woofer that could take at the absolute least 1200 rms watts (I would prefer a little cushion though) and not sound like junk for...$200 or less shipped? I know, the budget is laughable, but I figured that if I spend $200 on a woofer, and $100 on building a box, it would be about the same as the direct-swap with a pair of 600w woofers, and that it would be easier to get low (my system sounds like dog crap below about 30hz on a surgically-clean piece of music), maybe better for SQ (one woofer vs two? idk, just a stab in the dark) and simpler to install. I would like something that can go to a one-ohm load, so a dual-2 or dual-1 maybe? and like I said, 1200+ rms, but I would like a little more just for a safety cushion if at all possible. Thanks in advance. The closest I found so far is the AQ HD3C which is $249 I will keep looking. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Slapuhho Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 The closest I found so far is the AQ HD3C which is $249 I will keep looking. That's probably your best bet for that price.. It will laugh at 1200 and they get super low 4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur. Team gg Team DOA My Videos
fritosaregood Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 have you looked at the forsale section? 250 + shipping for a fully loades fi bl dual 2 and 280 shipped for a rf t2 i think there only rated 1000rms though seller feedback: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61719 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=68281 build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=44800 Gf's build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/54346-kickergirls-camaro-new-box-pg-5/#entry753970
CaptainzPlanetz Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 Found another sub Lanzar Opti drive series sub $240 http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/Pr...ProductID=14028 ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Noobtastic14 Posted August 11, 2009 Report Posted August 11, 2009 Pair of Dc level 3s or a single level 4 15 -Drew **save up a few extra bucks- they're just out of budget when buying new. check the FS sections I am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. uhoh_45 said: dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew
white4d96 Posted August 11, 2009 Author Report Posted August 11, 2009 Drew, YGPM. Another question: is about 4 cubes OK for a single 15? I think I can pull that out of my trunk, but I don't know if I can go much bigger... Too many projects, too little time...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.