Sonic Electronix

How Are These Tweeters Mounted?

Another thing I found is if you get the pillars that are for mounting guages in they seem to be built for tweeters.

That could kind of work, but I think you may run into a problem since the gauge pods are usally made for the driver side only, and not the passenger side. unless you want your tweeters on just one side. Just a thought

But those tweeters picture are most likely screwed into the a piller. I dont see hot glue, or 2 way sticky tape holding to great if your car is loud, or in the heat.

Some brands of tweeters offer many options for mounting, such as flush mount, top mount, etc. Sometimes the topmount cups have a angled side that allow you to mount the tweeter on a angle.

Theres nothing special about the tweeters with how their mounted, just the cups that came with them.

Heres a couple sets that I found that both offer the slanted mount.

some power acoustik. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13130_...stik+NB.1.html#

and some rockfords. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18209_...ate+P1T-S.html#

If you look at the bigger images you will see what Im talking about

Not sure if you have checked, but alot of tweeter manufacturers sell mounting kits for their products... If that doesn't pan out, I know for sure there are a few different "Pyramid" tweeters that come with a cup like what is in the pic... Just don't use the tweet's, buy for the cups!!! What are pyramids, like $10/pair?? Check their website, you'll see the mounts I am talking about!!!

Not sure if you have checked, but alot of tweeter manufacturers sell mounting kits for their products... If that doesn't pan out, I know for sure there are a few different "Pyramid" tweeters that come with a cup like what is in the pic... Just don't use the tweet's, buy for the cups!!! What are pyramids, like $10/pair?? Check their website, you'll see the mounts I am talking about!!!

Yea, Most companies, will give you a few different mounting cups for varietys of mounting, Tho I dont see buying 1 companies tweeter just for the mounting cups unless your for sure they will fit. Most tweeters all come in different sized diameters and depths, so brand A may not work in brand B's mounting hardware due to size issues, so you maybe wasting that 10 or 11 bucks when you could of put it towards a really nice set that comes with the different hardware.

A good place that usally has lots of detailed images is www.sonicelectronix.com and you can click the images to make them larger :)

Otherwise heres a few pics I took from my Digital Designs 6.2C components (you can also buy the tweeters seperatly if you dont need the whole component setup).

So hopefully this gives you a better idea :)

The top 4 tweeter cups by the old school RF sub are the power acoustiks I linked to above in a early post. Theres 1 ring that is chrome and that is a insigma tweeter, but same specs and same everythig.

The bottom 6 tweeter cups are digital designs. two of the cups have a different top ring for flush mounting the tweeters into the door.

200908121944_468.jpg

The left tweeter cup and the ring next to it is for flush mounting tweeters, the farthest right 2 cups are for top mounting the tweeters. These have the angled back.

200908121945_469.jpg

A side view.

200908121946_470.jpg

Another side view tilted on the angle.

200908121946_471.jpg

and just another shot, the 2 little holes inside are what you use to screw them in (you could use 2 way sticky tape too, but it tends to let go from heat or too much bass at times).

200908121947_472.jpg

Make a little more sense? :)