Rogers 93' chevy lumina build!

Thought about doing that at one point...gotta have custom axles made, hack up a '93ish Cutlass harness to run the motor/tranny, etc etc...I read a how-to on a GP forum once...not fun in the older cars,

Also, looks like Roger's car has the Series 1 motor, whereas the blown GTP mill is Series 2...different mounts, harnesses, ECU, and so forth.

Not trying to say you're stupid, but once you seriously look into it (like I did) you go "oh my gawd...fuuuuuuuck that!"

EDIT: where in IL are you? There's two Pick 'n' Pulls in NE IL, one in Wadsworth and another in Summit. The Summit one has "Wild Wednesdays" with half off parts. If I remember right my motor with full accessories on half price day ended up being about $115 with the core fee of $30 (which I never redeemed :censored: old mill still sittin in the shop). Just throwin ideas atcha!

PPS: How big is the trunk opening on that Lumina? I have a '96 Prix (IDR if theyre the same platform or not) and was wondering if they had the same openings...I have a decent size trunk but...I feel like I can't get anything in it!

im in east central IL... right by the indiana border... I70 is less than a mile away from my house..

yeah at this point im not planning on doing any other motor.. im just going to fix or replace the one i have.... although i dont know about the supercharged motor but i know the late 80's gp's had a turbocharged motor... but hell imo the lumina's are sleepers anyways... i could leave a 10' blackie with both tires with the rod knockin and shit with no ebrake...

anyways the trunk is pretty good size... i had to put the enclosure in through the back seat opening.... and i had to cut quite a bit of metal away...... the enclosure will go in through the trunk opening without subs but once the subs went in the enclosure, it just wasnt possible to get it in withough fucking up the surrounds...

i was doing some measuring and thinking about walling off 2 15's in the trunk where the back seats were and i could have easily gotten 8 cubes out of the trunk with just a "square" box...

anyways once the paper flow comes back my way... i think im going to do 6 type r's walled in the car with 3 1.2k amps and a gnarly ass square port... that is the current plans for next summer.... but this fall/winter/spring my main focuses are motor, ho alt, dual batts under the hood and a couple hc2000's in the back.. i want to make sure i can supply power to the amps before i buy more sound...

oh yea.. i forgot to tell you guys im going to do dual batts under the hood...im going to do one in the stock position and one right beside it where the giant air cleaner box goes... im thinkin a kinetik hc800 or bigger if it will fit... im going to replace the air cleaner assembly, im going to make a short ram intake basically a very short intake tube(3 or so inches long) with a cone style filter... it should also help out just a smidgen with performance since there wont be any air restriction..

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

nice build log, and i like the quote in your sig

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

did u paint the wood or are you still debating

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

• 3 weeks later...

nice build log, and i like the quote in your sig

lol thanks... it had me laughing my ass off for like 10 minutes straight the first time i read it..lol

did u paint the wood or are you still debating

i left it alone for now...

anyways this is proble the last update i will have on this log for quite awhile.... the lumina is completely on the back burner for now... ive sold all the audio equipment and the motor is sitting in a crate in my shed for now... i will start rebuilding it as soon as i can get another job and get the money to rebuild...anyways be watching for a new build come early spring or so... ive got a suprise but im not saying shit untill then!

anyways right this second im rebuilding my system in my 95 tacoma reg cab... i had 2 10" diamond d1 10's in a custom fit prefab box ran off of a diamond d5300.2.... anyways right now im doing my own custom enclosure with 4 8" RE audio 8's and a kicker sx650.1, powerbass mids,onkyo(sp?)tweets... kicker,Knukonceptz, and monster for wiring....anyways be looking for a build log for that in the next few days...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

Archived