Second Skin Audio

Sub Box Spl Problems

Smaller Box = more output (look at all the street A,B, and C cars in dbdrag, they have Tiny box's)

We have tiny boxes to "use" all of the efficiency of the woofer and amp. Not of the box, hope that makes sense.

A 45 with 2 subs in a hoe is a "good" score.

If you want louder I would look into a "spl" sub.

You are looking for high bl, high fs, low qts, and something you can afford.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

yeah 1.5 per 12 is not really that small. there's guys doing single 15s per 1.5cubes.

i was under the impression that the op was going for spl and nothing daily so that's why i thought he should go smaller and more power.

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

I would use a common chamber box around 7.5 to 8 cubes after displacement tuned to 45hz ish, sub up port back, with around 150ish^2 of port area, center the port on the back panel.

This is almost exactly what I've been using except for the slot port. I prefer aeros because its easier to change the tuning for daily driving. I think I'll try a slot port just to see what difference it might make.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

A 45 with 2 subs in a hoe is a "good" score.

If you want louder I would look into a "spl" sub.

You are looking for high bl, high fs, low qts, and something you can afford.

I currently compete in the Truck/Suv 501-1500 class. The only restrictions I have in this class are that no part of my sub enclosure can come past the B pillar and the total 4ohm rating of my ampifiers cannot exceed 1500watts. I've been using a pair of Hifonics Brutus BX2005Ds but I'm in the process of switching to 2 or 3 RF T10001bds. What subs could I power optimally with a T10001bd? So far I'm leaning towards some RF T2 12s but I'm also strongly considering some Fi BL 12s. My only personal restrictions are that this is a daily driver and I would like to keep the box small and simple. My goal is to hit 150+. Is this attainable with 3 RF T2 or 3 Fi BL 12s powered by 3 RF T10001bds?

Also, I had a competition this afternoon and I hit a 144.6 w/ a pair of the HX2s powered by a T10001bd. Thats only 1db less than the 145.6 I hit with the same subs & box powered a Hifonics BX2005D which is supposed to have twice the power.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg