how far should i go?

ok i currently hav in mind 4 dc lvl5 18s on 2 sundown saz-4500ds. i really just wanted to know how far i should go with the electrical system. i know a new bat and a few more will help and also the big three also. but as far as a ho alt and extra bats how far should i go.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

ok i currently hav in mind 4 dc lvl5 18s on 2 sundown saz-4500ds. i really just wanted to know how far i should go with the electrical system. i know a new bat and a few more will help and also the big three also. but as far as a ho alt and extra bats how far should i go.

For 9000+rms I would say at minimum dual 250-300amp alts, and 2-3batterys per amp, is what I would do, although Triple Alts wouldnt hurt....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

you could get away with a single 300amp alt. but you would have to have probably 5-6 big batteries, kinetik 2400/powermaster d3100. i would also do at minimum 3 runs of + and - of 1/0

edit. actually dual alts is probably the better way to go...

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

you could get away with a single 300amp alt. but you would have to have probably 5-6 big batteries, kinetik 2400/powermaster d3100. i would also do at minimum 3 runs of + and - of 1/0

ok thats more about what im thinking. whats the easiest way to wire the bats like that

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

Long BusBar is the best way to wire a bank of batterys IMO.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

or you can do it like i did it...but would probably cost more with that many batteries.

f1440d6a.jpg

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

ok so its exactly the same as running just one run to multiple batts? just treat the three wires as if it were one large wire correct? and then run the amps off of the last bat in the chain

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

ok so its exactly the same as running just one run to multiple batts? just treat the three wires as if it were one large wire correct? and then run the amps off of the last bat in the chain

And get insane voltage drop issues like 2000Lade...

I'm loving the '2 or 3 300A alts' - total overkill.

1 250A alt and 4-5 big batteries and you'll be golden.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived