Sundown Audio

two amps one set rca's ???

L 7 squared!

Not sure if this is an old thread but I have two zx1000.1 's now and i need to know if i can wire both of them from one set of rca's.And is there such a thing as a remote gain splitter for two amps? Sorry for such a newb ? but i dont want to F anything up. Also have a zx350.4 that I intend on wiring to the doors. I have never ran more than one amp in a setup before so this is all new to me.Any info helps thanks.

2x Kicker L 7 15's

2x Rockford Fosgate p 1653's

1x dual center slot ported 5.25cubes tuned 48hz music box

2x Kicker zx1000.1 D's

1x Kicker zx350.4

Remote gains

1x kinetik hc800

1x Kicker 0 guage

Sony hu

Stock alt : (

A hobby turned into obssession !

Not sure if this is an old thread but I have two zx1000.1 's now and i need to know if i can wire both of them from one set of rca's.And is there such a thing as a remote gain splitter for two amps? Sorry for such a newb ? but i dont want to F anything up. Also have a zx350.4 that I intend on wiring to the doors. I have never ran more than one amp in a setup before so this is all new to me.Any info helps thanks.

ye you can run two amps off one set of rca's, the speakers off of the amps will be off the same channel(example: front rca to two four channel amps you would have 8 front channels) I dont think this would be an issue for a mono sub channel but in a sterreo aplacation might sound funny if one or more sets of speakers are not in the corect location (front to back or back to front ). you can run the rca's thru a signal processor to seperate the channels (how stuff works )

this is how I see it (not sayin I am right, feel free to correct me if I am wrong)

I think it has 3 total.? I'll have to look again. This is what I'm tryin to do.... one zx1000.1 to one L 7 15 and one to the other. So each sub will have its own amp. I'm gettin a deal on this other amp so I said why the HLL not right mo powa is better!!

2x Kicker L 7 15's

2x Rockford Fosgate p 1653's

1x dual center slot ported 5.25cubes tuned 48hz music box

2x Kicker zx1000.1 D's

1x Kicker zx350.4

Remote gains

1x kinetik hc800

1x Kicker 0 guage

Sony hu

Stock alt : (

A hobby turned into obssession !

^ Get some of those, thats what I used to use when I ran dual sub amps. Also another thought if your amp has input and output rca's you can just connect the RCA from your HU to amp 1, and rca's from amp 1 to amp 2, thats the way I'm running my setup now. as far as a remote gain splitter I do belive you can use a phone splitter for that, all the cord for a remote gain is phone line anyhow. Can someone else verify that works?

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

Actually I didnt mean like that, I meant split the sub channel to the two sub amps. For your mids/highs I would run another 1 or 2 sets of RCA's depending on if your running a 2/4 channel amp. I have 4 amps in my car but only using 3 sets of rca's by doing it this way.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

well my hu has a front rear an subwoofer out put so i would just use three sets of rcas one to each right

kia spectra 4 door

HU-a kenwood kdc-692x

optima red top under the hood ( kinetik battery or powermaster in the back )

Iraggi 260amp H/O alternator

1 set of knu kandy 1/0 guage wiring kit ( 2 more sets coming )

front speakers -

back speakers -

2 12" lv 4's with lvl 5 softparts ( going to be 4 in near future)

Sundown 3500d( going to be 2 sometime )

i have boughten from - Bass14(smd), ddbump(caraudioclassifieds)

Archived