Sundown Audio

Some SQ in the SPL Vehicle =)

So... I've been suffering with horrible front speakers ever since I sold my BMW 325i a few years back. Due to the nature of the audio business I have been implementing SPL system in my Jeep (the whole reason I got it) and neglecting the front stage.

NO MORE! Finally something decent...

DLS Iridium Tweeter

DLS Iridium 3" Dome Mid

Peerless SLS 830945 5.25" Midbass

CIMG2579.JPG

* Kick panels donated by a customer hence the mis-matched color. The wooden adapter rings are temporary... thinking about getting some aluminum rings machined locally and powder coated to match and also paint the kick panels. Need to vacuum too :) Have not fixed up the door panel yet since I have not decided if this arrangement is permanent.

CIMG2580.JPG

* 3Sixty.2 handling processing... thinking about an Audison Bit.1 if the problems have been resolved.

CIMG2581.JPG

* SAX-50.4 on bottom and SAX-125.2 in the middle. The 50.4 powers mids and tweeters and the 125.2 powers the midbass.

I am quite pleased with the little 5.25" Peerless driver but I may end up going to a 6.5" later on when I have a chance to make an adapter ring. These were pretty convenient and inexpensive to get the 6-year old close-out Parts Express drivers out :)

Something still isn't quite right with my imaging as it pulls to the right pretty hard despite some initial amplitude compensation and time alignment... that needs work. Plan to get up w/ Nick from Stereo Integrity for some RTA and listening time. Speaking of Nick... I plan to get some BM 12s in this beast glassed into the rear quarter panels so I can turn off the big SPL sub rig when daily driving ;)

Overall it is a relief to have something that sounds acceptable in here... it is still messy as it is primarily and SPL rig and everything on the amp rack needs to be easily removable.

I may also try a Focal Kevlar 4" and Alpine Type-X 4" midrange in the kicks... I have both available but I've always really liked the DLS :)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

hell yeah

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage