so i've had my system running for a while on my stock battery alone and ive noticed that when im driving and cranking my system up the oil pressure needle rises past where it should be, this also happens much faster when im in stop and go traffic instead of the interstate. When i turn my head unit and amp off my car runs fine and the oil pressure never rises past the middle where it should be. Is this because i need a more powerful battery or what? anyone ever had this problem or heard of someone else having that problem? its been getting on my nerves and im going to replace my front battery soon and i want to know if that will fix the problem.

Edited by mario7538

04 hyundai sonata

jvc head unit

alpine type s components 6.5's

4 kicker tweeters 2 in the front 2 in the back

MARIO

are you sure it isnt your oil pressure guage?

it is the pressure gauge. thanks, question still stands though im not sure why it rises when the audio is on.

04 hyundai sonata

jvc head unit

MARIO

^thats what i was gonna say. maybe the vibration of the bass makes the oil gauge needle jump

you think so man? im not sure. it rises very steadily and lowers steadily. its not like its bouncing or anything.

04 hyundai sonata

jvc head unit

MARIO

the constant bass may put pressure on the needle and make it rise slowly. then when the bass stops or has a pause, the needle begins to fall slowly. try this, close all your doors and windows and play a constant tone (like 35hz) and keep an eye on your gauge. when it rises, pause the tone, while watching the guage. if it falls when the music is stopped, then i can only guess it is the bass pressure screwing with the gauge...

Team Bass-Hz

the constant bass may put pressure on the needle and make it rise slowly. then when the bass stops or has a pause, the needle begins to fall slowly. try this, close all your doors and windows and play a constant tone (like 35hz) and keep an eye on your gauge. when it rises, pause the tone, while watching the guage. if it falls when the music is stopped, then i can only guess it is the bass pressure screwing with the gauge...

ok, ill have to try this when i get home if its not raining. thx guys appreciate it.

04 hyundai sonata

jvc head unit

MARIO

Other scenario would be the alternator putting strain on the engine, (they can use 5HP or more on their own) thus causing your engine to rev up higher also increasing oil pressure.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

^ that too...you siad in your OP that it happens much faster when you are in stop and go traffic then interstate.so this may be it. didnt really read that the first time around. when you are in stop and go, your engine rpm is much lower than when you are driving interstate. so i think there lies the problem...

Team Bass-Hz