I'm 17, so I can't put a hole in them.

And a bodygaurd is out of the budget, by a few thousand dollars.

I know there's know way to make it impossible for them, but making it more difficult would help. I also plan on wiring the original siren that came with my alarm inside the cabin, which will be very annoying. That, and a lot of other ideas, many of which I am not going to post.

i have 4 of those sirens inside my car. if you really wanted to you could put up with it. i think you need air horns to really do the trick. i have an idea for electro magnets if you want to hear it, pm me.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

INSURENCE

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

tinted windows (so they can't see what you have)

an alarm

don't play it around the house

and if you see someone walk by your house or drive by, walk outside and stare them down (don't just peep through the blinds. let them fuckers see you see them)

What if there was a situtation so frustrating to the crook that he decided to just torch the car instead..........sorry I just thought of the worst possible outcome, but hey is could happen.

That's why I'm looking into a fire suppresant(sp?) system similar to what drag racers use. It's expensive, but might be worth it.

I'm using a carputer, so the HU isn't going to be too much of worry.

I'm not going to say too much, but my carputer case is going to be welded in (I'm building my own case instead of buying one).

I already have "INSURENCE" but I'm not sure if they will cover my stereo upgrades. It's looking like they will, but I don't want to take the chance.

I have most of the other details figured out, so my main concern right now is the subs. I want to make it harder for a thief to destroy them. My current subs, I don't really care, but when I upgrade, I want to keep them.

And the darkest I can legally tint my windows is 25%. And it's illegal to tint the windshield.

I keep my truck in my back yard with 2 cameras on it. I worry more about it while I'm at school. A lot of the people there are jealous because my truck looks so good while the truck their mommy and daddy paid for is only "decent".

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

wire the alarm to trigger an 8000hz note full tilt with car sirens going off?

That would just tip them off to what I have. I don't hardly turn it up with my windows down, it's been sound deadened, I'm not putting any stickers advertising what I have, and if I hit 140 db's, I'm stopping there. I thought about it, but that's for people like Steve Meade, who have 10-20-30 thousand watt systems.

BTW, did you mean 8,000 Hz or 80?

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

That might work. I'll think about it.

How would wire mesh affect the performance of my subs?

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

I think 8000. Higher notes are annoying as hell!

By at school do you mean like in a school parking lot or when you leave for college? Because when I leave for college next year I am taking my gear out and locking it up somewhere.

I would say your best bet would be to lock it up in a garage though. If you are living with your parents, see if you can talk them into getting a home security system, i.e. ADT or whatever, and see if you can get it on the garage too. That way if anyone tries to break in the police will be alerted that much quicker.

Otherwise, full coverage and receipts are your best friends. Keep in contact with your insurance company and let them know what you have installed. I have heard that companies may cover your gear if it's bolted down in your car and they know about it beforehand but I have not had do deal with that debacle (knock on wood) so I would not know for sure.

Too many projects, too little time...

for the subs do a false floor, put em in, cover em with plexiglass Then Screw This Thang up.

Leave a big Dubherman in ur car for the night http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif

I caught a 18" Bass once, it was about 5lbs. Fried that biatch up, good eatin!!

i need to vent... the room after i fart.

Archived