So a few months back my horn started making terrible noises. It sounded like it was dying, and with as often as my alarm goes off it didn't take long to stop making noise at all.

I recently replaced the faulty horn and relay, but there is still no sound. I checked the new horn before install and it works good, I've tried 3 different relays with no success.

I have an 01 Chevy tahoe and I've read where it might have 2 horns, but I can only find one. Does anyone have any advice what to try next? Thanks in advance.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

you definitely should have 2 horns, its a dual tone setup.

im guessing a bad connection or corroded plugs

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

btw i installed a alarm in my dads truck and i had a bad solder joint (shitty iron) and it sounded like it was dying too, something like a seal getting clubbed

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Any advice on finding the horn? I read the Haynes manual and it says there is one at each corner of the radiator under the bumper, I found the passenger side one and it did have a rusted terminal. I cut the wire, soldered in a new piece entirely and shrink rapped it. I want to do the same to the other if I can find it, I just can't.

Thanks for confirming that's the problem though, if there's another gank one in there somewhere that makes me feel better than a wiring issue somewhere in between.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

btw i installed a alarm in my dads truck and i had a bad solder joint (shitty iron) and it sounded like it was dying too, something like a seal getting clubbed

That's how mine was sounding before it died lol, at first it sounded more like a honda, then the clubbed seal.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

I found the other horn under the battery tray, but it seems impossible to get to without major work.

It's sandwiched between the washer fluid reservoir and headlights. I can barely see it at all, just the wiring going to it and feel it with my hand. It took damn near 2 hours to find feeling around.

Any advice to reach this, like what the easiest part to remove would be? Thank guys.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Great advice, thanks. That gets me a clear shot of the horn, but there's no way to get a wrench in there because of the washer fluid location. It's amazing that they have so much room to work with under that hood, they leave tons of empty space, but they jam that horn in there so tight you can't even disconnect the wire. Going to be a project tomorrow. I'll get pics to make this easier for the next guy.

GOD DAMN I guess a lizard crawled up my pants leg while I was looking under the bumper. I kept feeling something crawling on me, had to strip down lol..

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3