after watching that vid im starting to think Differently about the PA subs. All ive done is read articles but have never really heard one in person. And i found a nice Fubr 15 that would thump nicely in my hatch for like 110$ on ebay.

I was looking at this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-ACOUSTIK-FUBAR-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

I think it would be a great temporary sub until i get a FI. Atleast i will be able to run my amp in 2 ohms if i get this. And that will be a nice 770 watts.

Edited by civichatch

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

after watching that vid im starting to think Differently about the PA subs. All ive done is read articles but have never really heard one in person. And i found a nice Fubr 15 that would thump nicely in my hatch for like 110$ on ebay.

I was looking at this one :

http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-ACOUSTIK-FUBAR-1...1QQcmdZViewItem

I think it would be a great temporary sub until i get a FI. Atleast i will be able to run my amp in 2 ohms if i get this. And that will be a nice 770 watts.

Haha civic i made a believer out of you. I would definately reccomend them, for the money they are a steal. They also have nice sq and hit really hard and low on low notes, as you can see from the video, most subs couldn't move that shirt at all with a measly 200 watts.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Haha civic i made a believer out of you. I would definately reccomend them, for the money they are a steal. They also have nice sq and hit really hard and low on low notes, as you can see from the video, most subs couldn't move that shirt at all with a measly 200 watts.

lol youve sold me on them. Imagine a 15 off of a clean 700 watts. Right now im only running 350 rms. And my sub only has a 44oz magnet. The fubr is a 250oz. I got alot of thinking to do lol. Ill either pick one of these up or go all out and get a T1 or Type R

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

lol youve sold me on them. Imagine a 15 off of a clean 700 watts. Right now im only running 350 rms. And my sub only has a 44oz magnet. The fubr is a 250oz. I got alot of thinking to do lol. Ill either pick one of these up or go all out and get a T1 or Type R

Dude, get the fubar. Mine is a 12 with a 200 oz magnet. The one you are looking at is a 15 with a 250 oz magnet. Its got more cone area and a 25% bigger magnet. It would be seeing 774wrms instead of 200, roughly 4 times more. Then, its a fuckin 15 so it will hit even harder and lower on the lows than mine. Then your car is about half the size of mine. A 15 inch FUBAR would blow your hatch off. And for $110 who offers a sub thats even near that.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Dude, get the fubar. Mine is a 12 with a 200 oz magnet. The one you are looking at is a 15 with a 250 oz magnet. Its got more cone area and a 25% bigger magnet. It would be seeing 774wrms instead of 200, roughly 4 times more. Then, its a fuckin 15 so it will hit even harder and lower on the lows than mine. Then your car is about half the size of mine. A 15 inch FUBAR would blow your hatch off. And for $110 who offers a sub thats even near that.

ya man ur right. No matter wat i have to wait till the 26th. I FINNALY saved enough for insurance. And my parents said i can spend my money how ide like after that. So that sub will be my first purcahse. Unless somone can talk me out of it.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

Damn, I just noticed the fs on that big fucker is 29hz. Mine is 36 and it bangs out some lows. That 15 would sound so good in an enclosure tuned to 30hz.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

only shitty thing is the shipping to canada is as much as the sub. So it will be about 220$ after shipping and price differnce. But thats still a great deal.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

only shitty thing is the shipping to canada is as much as the sub. So it will be about 220$ after shipping and price differnce. But thats still a great deal.

Yeah I paid $197 for mine with a 2 year warranty from best buy. Not the best deal but I'm glad I have a warranty bc I blew my first one fucking around with the wiring.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

ya im going to hit up the local audio stores and look around before i make any decisions. Im still very happy with what i have but i always want more. Just like everyone here. I got my sub and box for such a good deal its hard to just push it to the side after just 5 months.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire