WTB: home theater

I am looking for a new home theater system for my dorm room. I want something loud and with a LOT of bass. Not too picky on brands just want it totalled over 1000 watts. I have a 15" fi BTL new style, 2 10" fi Qs, and an xbox360 for a possible partial trade plus cash. pretty much open to anything

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

I have a friend selling some Krell monoblocks and a Martin Logan Statement set.

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

try a denon receiver or a yamaha

as for the krell/logan I had to call you on: "pretty much open to anything" :)

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

I have a Remote-less Sherwood Newcastle (top of the line for Sherwood) Dolby Dig, DTS, 5.1 in/out 100x5

And as far as subwoofers go, I have a 18" super low resonance kick ass HT sub and 240rms amp

I don't have a dorm, but I have a house, and that 240rms shakes this place- and the sub is only in a 1.5cf box, I plan on building a really nice end table sub enclosure down firing sub, and tuned to 20hz or lower

I' am also selling a bunch of home audio mids, and highs, if you like hobby projects, this is the way to go

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

ya hahaha you did call me out on the open to anything. If i can sell my kidneys in the next couple days I may take you up on that.

Also I may be interested in that receiver and sub. Just give me till the first week in sept. when I get my check. I have to see how much my box is gonna cost for my truck. How much are you looking to get for it?

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

Check out the Onkyo home theater stuff on their website. Onkyo is good.

Also, I've seen a Dayton home theater package on Parts-Express. It doesn't come with a reciever but once you see the price you'll understand why.

2005 Ford Explorer

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS

Alpine MRP-F550

Kicker KX600.1

Alpine Type-X 6.5's

And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!

Check out the Onkyo home theater stuff on their website. Onkyo is good.

Also, I've seen a Dayton home theater package on Parts-Express. It doesn't come with a reciever but once you see the price you'll understand why.

Ill check out the dayton. My only complaint with the onkyo thib is that the receiver doesnt have hdmi or the outs to hook up an additional sub amp to....that I saw at least. I was originally looking into onkyo

2004 F150 super crew

15" fi btl

Ma Audio hk4000d

Right, I know that some Onkyo receivers fail in the HDMI audio department, depending on which model of course. It shouldn't even be an issue though, you know, since they're AUDIO receivers. HELLO... ONKYOOOO... WAKE UP! I'm sure it's not only Onkyo that needs to figure that out though.

But yeah, reading the reviews on this receiver... Pioneer VSX-519V-K 5.1 at Parts-Express looks like the audio signal works properly through the HDMI inputs. So, if you're willing to take a chance, you might be able to pick up the entire home theater from Parts-Express.

Edited by just_dave

2005 Ford Explorer

Pioneer Premier DEH-P800PRS

Alpine MRP-F550

Kicker KX600.1

Alpine Type-X 6.5's

And a Big Thanks to Clay of A Team Audio for the DC Level 3-12" Sub!