XS Power

battery count on Stock Alt.

I haven't had any luck finding any aftermarket parts for my vehicle (2007 Jeep Compass) I was just trying to figure out how many batteries you can put on a stock alternator before it starts decreacing the life of the alternator.... at the moment i have a Memphis 1,000 watt amp, with two JLW7's (hopefully soon will upgrade to FI subs, want to figure power issues out first)

I haven't had any luck finding any aftermarket parts for my vehicle (2007 Jeep Compass) I was just trying to figure out how many batteries you can put on a stock alternator before it starts decreacing the life of the alternator.... at the moment i have a Memphis 1,000 watt amp, with two JLW7's (hopefully soon will upgrade to FI subs, want to figure power issues out first)

I am an Auto Tech, and to be honest, the factory alt is only built to handle one battery, and by the book it would decrease the life of the alt each extra load you put on the alt, however some people have run 4+ batterys on a stock alt and havent had any problems, but some also have to charge there batteries over night, some dont, as far as adding batteries For that set up I believe one good size battery would be fine, but you could get away with 2 safely with out adding too much of a chance of the alt failing prematurely.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

A fully charged good quality AGM battery will only require around 5 additional amps from the alternator, however if you allow your batteries to become discharged from continuously pulling more current than your alternator can produce the batteries can require as much as 20-40A of additional current per battery to bring them back to 100% state of charge. It's important to be aware of your system voltage when the car is off to gauge how full your battery bank is. A resting voltage below 12.8V should be topped off with a good quality AGM charger to keep the bank topped off. This will extend both the life of the batteries, as well as the alternator.

Posted Image

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

I ran three AGM batteries on my stock 105amp alt....didn't have any problems in 6 months playing the subs everyday....dropping into the lows 13s high 12s.....

But I also had two stock alts...so I could take a chance of burning an alt....and I always keep the other stock one under my back seat with tools to change should it fail.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

I am an Auto Tech, and to be honest, the factory alt is only built to handle one battery, and by the book it would decrease the life of the alt each extra load you put on the alt, however some people have run 4+ batterys on a stock alt and havent had any problems, but some also have to charge there batteries over night, some dont, as far as adding batteries For that set up I believe one good size battery would be fine, but you could get away with 2 safely with out adding too much of a chance of the alt failing prematurely.

Everything is stock even the battery, i have 4 guage wire running my amp. every time the radio goes above half way with the subs on everything is surging for power. i have a volt meter on my radio (pione AVDIC-3) and it say's i'm running 14.5 volts "silent" and 11.5 volts pushing half way up. i double checked with a meter and it goes down to 12.7 from 14.5 and i'm just trying to find out some way to keep from killing my lights, ( i have HID head lights and anything under 13 volts they start to blink.... and it makes me mad... but i did find somthing that may possibly work through missinglinkaudio. but i haven't seen any reviews about it, and i don't want to replace all my electrical because it's hard to find ANY on this stupid vehicle.....

Everything is stock even the battery, i have 4 guage wire running my amp. every time the radio goes above half way with the subs on everything is surging for power. i have a volt meter on my radio (pione AVDIC-3) and it say's i'm running 14.5 volts "silent" and 11.5 volts pushing half way up. i double checked with a meter and it goes down to 12.7 from 14.5 and i'm just trying to find out some way to keep from killing my lights, ( i have HID head lights and anything under 13 volts they start to blink.... and it makes me mad... but i did find somthing that may possibly work through missinglinkaudio. but i haven't seen any reviews about it, and i don't want to replace all my electrical because it's hard to find ANY on this stupid vehicle.....

Well then the first thing I would do is Upgrade the Factory Battery, maybe an XS Power D3400 or something, you should see a good improvement just doing that, then do the Big 3 upgrade this will help as well, you can find a TuT down in the Batteries and Electrical Section, doing that will help your voltage issues you are having, the 4 guage you are running to the back will be fine as long as you are running less than 1500rms, for batteries you can pm MECHMAN as he has incredible prices on XS batteries, and for the big 3 I would suggest using 1/0 wire.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

I ran three AGM batteries on my stock 105amp alt....didn't have any problems in 6 months playing the subs everyday....dropping into the lows 13s high 12s.....

But I also had two stock alts...so I could take a chance of burning an alt....and I always keep the other stock one under my back seat with tools to change should it fail.

Pretty cool idea! I ran 7 XS Power D1200 sized batteries in my Accord for 2 years on the stock alt... worked just fine! At the time there wasnt much available as far as alts... today we offer up to 250A for most Honda applications!

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

A fully charged good quality AGM battery will only require around 5 additional amps from the alternator, however if you allow your batteries to become discharged from continuously pulling more current than your alternator can produce the batteries can require as much as 20-40A of additional current per battery to bring them back to 100% state of charge. It's important to be aware of your system voltage when the car is off to gauge how full your battery bank is. A resting voltage below 12.8V should be topped off with a good quality AGM charger to keep the bank topped off. This will extend both the life of the batteries, as well as the alternator.

Posted Image

when I had my first system, i had a 68 Chevelle, and had two amps running off of one battery, and everything i turned the car off, the battery would always be dead, so i'd always have to be jumped off.... or downgrade to one amp.... and now that i'm a little smarter about it, i'm trying to keep from having to replace everything atleast once a year... (i've been doing good on these speakers so far... i've had them for two years running ... sounds good in the box i built. seing as it's the first box) how ofter would you have to charge the 2nd battery? and would it be good to run anything other than the amp off the 2nd battery?

Thanx for all the help! it's been greatly appreciated! I've been looking at all the system's on here, and i've never posted anything because i'm no where close to any of the system's on here... and i feel like the new kid in school that nobody talks to lol...

Thanx for all the help! it's been greatly appreciated! I've been looking at all the system's on here, and i've never posted anything because i'm no where close to any of the system's on here... and i feel like the new kid in school that nobody talks to lol...

Its cool man......everyone has to start somewhere. ^_^

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ