FiberGlass, Resin, Fleese? Dry Fiber? Help PLEASE

I believe he is talking about kitty hair or the like...a mixture of short strand fiberglass fibers, resin, and bondo (if I'm not mistaken). I have seen it used for smoothing (like the guy above said) and filling in gaps like in between the box and the wall (if a flush corner box).

2x 10' Polk Momo MM2104

Alpine MRP-M500

Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

4x Polk db 6.5's

RF 450.4

Pioneer DEH-4000UB

ok so iv been reading about fiber glass for a while now, and im still a little confuzed on the types they are, now i see,

you make a box, mount, woffer mount, then u wrap it tightly in fleece, then put resin and primer over it, then thats is, sand and paint,now this isnt fiberglass, what is this called?

then when u do that exact same thing, but u use like spandex, then resin, then wet fiberglass and spread it all over, whats the difference? fiberglass just alot stronger ? can hold more??

one looks better then the other???

alsoo, for mixing resin, do they sell premixed? or do u have to mix it with a hardner and ex...

please help me with this, iv read and searches, but have not found direct answer to some of my questions, thanks alot!!! thanks for your time..

Putting resin and spraying primer will not make the box look perfect. Resin a bit harder to sand and sometime have alots of holes and sratches when sand down. Primer cannot fill in big holes and sratches. That just make the box a hard shell. I'm not too sure about the spandex stuff you talking about. I'm guessin it the fiber cloth or mat stuff you referring too. Apply these two products would make the box stronger.

I don't think there is premixed resin. You will have to mix with the hardener but don't apply too much because it will get hard as hell. Just check the sticky thread on that. YOu need the resin there to make the box solid and to apply body filler.

ok so iv been reading about fiber glass for a while now, and im still a little confuzed on the types they are, now i see,

you make a box, mount, woffer mount, then u wrap it tightly in fleece, then put resin and primer over it, then thats is, sand and paint,now this isnt fiberglass, what is this called?

then when u do that exact same thing, but u use like spandex, then resin, then wet fiberglass and spread it all over, whats the difference? fiberglass just alot stronger ? can hold more??

one looks better then the other???

alsoo, for mixing resin, do they sell premixed? or do u have to mix it with a hardner and ex...

please help me with this, iv read and searches, but have not found direct answer to some of my questions, thanks alot!!! thanks for your time..

ok so depending on what your building tells you what you should use for materials. "most" of the time , when building pods, or panels or even sub boxes we use the same procedure. its a frame, preferably something easy to attach cloth too, and easy to work with like mdf. then fleece is a polyester material that is made of the same thing the resin is made from. (polyester resin), and it should be bi-directional. (stretchy both ways) the fiberglass material used has two functions. one it adds strenght, and two it does whatever you tell it too. so mat is used first because it conformes to just about any shape possible, and cloth of a million different types can be added next to simply add strenght or thickness or density...mostly strenght if needed. like i said at first though it depends on what your building. sand between every step with low grit paper to make sure all your layers bond together and finally cover it with any bodyfiller you want, again depending on what your building. also depending on how you want the end product to look there are dif. materials to fill with. if covering it with carpet or vinyl use bondo and be done, if painting to high gloss you have a long tedious bunch of filling and spot checking and other fillers are used. best way to learn it practice. don t tear your car apart and start glassing it, do a test panel or piece and get the hang of it...its easier than it sounds!