white4d96 Posted August 21, 2009 Report Posted August 21, 2009 So here's the story. I was putting a new negative batt terminal in my car (so I could run an EQ ground right off the battery...don't ask why) and when I reconnected the batt, my HU was lit up. Bear in mind my key was out of the car and turned off. But it's not lit up like it's on; the display is all weird and the red/blue lights are ALL lit up. basically, I think its toast. F**k. Anyhow, despite my overwhelming urge to rip ALL of the shit out of my car and just say F**K IT, I am looking at new HU's. I found these two JVC decks that looked promising and was looking for opinions. Bear in mind that I have this EQ I could use (If I could get a good ground to it and find out that it does or does not work right!!! :censored: ) with 3 pre-outs so if these decks are crap I am just going to look for a cheap deck with a 3.5mm jack for my iPod and a pair of preouts. Also if anyone has any idea what may have happened to my old deck so I can make sure it does not happen again, I would like to know your opinions. It has been in my car for a year without problems. I tried direct swapping with a deck from my brother's Integra, same harness and all, and did not have this problem, it is just with my deck. Should you remove & unplug your deck when you disconnect your battery? I have never done this before and never had any problems until now... Thanks in advance for any advice you could give me. -Austin. EDIT: no link FAIL http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9246_JVC+KD-HDR1-B.html http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14807_...-HDR30+R-B.html I would love to go WAY cheaper but these seemed alright for the price. Any input? Too many projects, too little time...
hdrox88 Posted August 21, 2009 Report Posted August 21, 2009 Not sure what your budget is but I have a new HU for sale. It is a Pioneer DEH-P6000UB (in the for sale section).
white4d96 Posted August 21, 2009 Author Report Posted August 21, 2009 If anything I was going for less than $100 but at this point I am in the process of removing ALL equipment from my car. See sig. Too many projects, too little time...
iTech Posted August 21, 2009 Report Posted August 21, 2009 If anything I was going for less than $100 but at this point I am in the process of removing ALL equipment from my car. See sig. Dude that sucks. Don't give up car audio. Who installed your stuff? You or a car shop? My Official Feedback Thread PSN - tech2332 Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!
8000watts Posted August 21, 2009 Report Posted August 21, 2009 http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9246_JVC+KD-HDR1-B.htmlhttp://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_14807_...-HDR30+R-B.html hey! theres my remote! lol...i have a jvc in my car now...(neither one of these tho) it sounds good and i like it but im guessin i got the wrong model??? when the bass hits, my cds skip...some guy on here has a dvd/cd jvc and he says he gets no skip...iono...it has good quality sound tho...(then again im using amps...)
white4d96 Posted August 21, 2009 Author Report Posted August 21, 2009 Dude that sucks. Don't give up car audio. Who installed your stuff? You or a car shop? I installed everything. Too many projects, too little time...
hdrox88 Posted August 22, 2009 Report Posted August 22, 2009 If anything I was going for less than $100 but at this point I am in the process of removing ALL equipment from my car. See sig. Sometimes you get what you pay for. Sometimes you can get a good deal though. Maybe save up for a little while and get something you would really like. my dad helped me install everything Post dump?
white4d96 Posted August 27, 2009 Author Report Posted August 27, 2009 Just tested the HU and it turns on and all, but acts like its not seeing any signal from anything. CD, radio, iPod, aux jack...idk. So for now, I am going to try running everything off my iPod (I have a 3.5mm-to-RCA adapter) and save for a decent flipout I think. Nothing fancy, just a starter touchscreen one with a front aux-jack that won't die in a year like my deck did :censored: Any suggestions? Too many projects, too little time...
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.