Can somebody tell me difference between HID's and hi lo hid's.

i thought that when you go to purchase the h.i.d's u can make a decision of whether or not u want highbeams...i personally have no high beams because my h.i.d's alone r brighter than my highbeams ever were...hope thats wat u were confused about...(high/low is usually an additional price just to let u kno)

Edited by 8000watts

Hi/Lo HIDS are for cars with a single bulb that acts as both the high beam and low beams. If you just choose normal HID's you'll lose your high beams, at least that's what I've always been told.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

If i get the hi lo hid will i have regular lights on lo beam and hid's on hi beam

Here is an example to help ya out:

The old body style(2000-2006) Chevrolet Silverados have a two "headlight" bulb assembly per side. One for the highbeams and one for the lows. I believe the Ford F-150's have just a single bulb on each side that acts as both.

And if you buy a hi/lo hid kit. Both the lows and the highs will be hid.

What model of car/truck do you have so we can tell you what kit you need to buy.

Edited by H816*John*H816

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

Cant find a sure shit answer but judging by the pictures, it appears that you have separate bulbs for highs and lows. Here is an easy way to find out. Wait till it gets dark, turn yours lows on check the front of the vehicle, then flip yours highs on and see if they are coming out of a different bulb or in the same spot.

1999 Chevy Tahoe

Level 4 15"

AP 3000d

Rockford and Phoenix Gold Componets

T400.2

Mechman 250 amp Rhino

2 Kinetik 2400

GET LOUD : STAY LOUD : SLAP RESPONSIBLY

2 diff bulbs for a marquis

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

"Our Hi-Lo kit uses a magnet to direct the light at a high or low angle so your lights will work just like normal."

I hope that helps

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f