Sonic Electronix

how do u use a oscope to tune your amp at different ohms

That is interesting. How would you do that?

No speaker leads can be connected to the amp while setting it up so is it the same with different ohm loads?

this is a good question. i was gonna say yes, but then i thought about it alil more... im not sure, i know steve made a video, to help us out, but i dont think theres any distinction when it comes to ohm load. wait for more experienced members to chime in.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Chariot.gif

this is a good question. i was gonna say yes, but then i thought about it alil more... im not sure, i know steve made a video, to help us out, but i dont think theres any distinction when it comes to ohm load. wait for more experienced members to chime in.

x2. I was about to tell the guy, "why would it be different?", but then gave it more thought.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Are you talking about that special feature that is on the Velleman Scope's? I don't think that is useful.

If you are wanting to play a subwoofer into a test tone and set your gain on the amp to that one specific test tone I can help.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Are you talking about that special feature that is on the Velleman Scope's? I don't think that is useful.

If you are wanting to play a subwoofer into a test tone and set your gain on the amp to that one specific test tone I can help.

i was asking because i have 2 12in sub dual 4 ohm wired @ 1 ohm how will i set the gains at that load using a oscope

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...=23462&st=0

If you read through this it should answer most of your questions.

The first big section I did covers how to figure impedance rise.

The 2nd big section touches on O-scope use.

On page 2 Boone's post tuoches on setting up for SPL.

On page 2 the last 2 big sections I did cover setting your gains with an O-scope when you are useing a bass boost knob.(mostly for RF amps)

After that an explanation about setting up an amp that has a line level controlable dash knob. 90% of the amps out there use these.

I reccomend useing a 0 DB test tone recording but I believe you are fine all the way up to 5% distortion test tone recordings. and I use 50 hertz test tones.

link is probably more info than you need but it should answer most of your questions.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I don't figure the ohm load into the equation and practice of setting gains.

Terryswork001.png