distortion doesnt hurt your eardrums any more than clean waves....he was saying that so you wouldn't turn your speakers high enough to distort, which is where they have a high output nonetheless

ive heard alot of talk about how a lower frequency does more damage because it moves your drums farther, and even at higher levels is less "painful"

i also know that alot of factory unions have volume level regulations, measure down to like 2hz, and even require additional hazard pay if employees spend a certain amount of time subjected to certain volume levels, if i remember correctly it was 2 hours at 100db, with 1/2 the time for every doubling of level (10db) per day...15 min at 130db, 7.5min at 140db, 3.75min at 150, or in steve's case, just shy of 2 mins at 160db, apparantly its the exposure time and level that does damage, not just the occurance

its not ear drums that give out its the little bones in your ears

2006 Dodge Magnum

Excelon KVT-819dvd

Rockford Symmetry EPX2

6 Kicker CVX 10's

2 Rockford T8002

1 Rockford T8004

15" Overhead

Old school Quart Q's

2 Yellow tops

Rockford CPSR

Rockford 50 Farad

Rollin 22's

not allways true db scar tisue on the drum will also reduce your hearing .

yea i heard something to that effect to where the thin piece of skin covering ur ear drum can become thickened due to over exposure to loud music or noise causing it to be less efficent in transmitting sound waves to the fine hairs inside of ur ear that accually interpret (spellin) the different sounds to ur brain...

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

yea i heard something to that effect to where the thin piece of skin covering ur ear drum can become thickened due to over exposure to loud music or noise causing it to be less efficent in transmitting sound waves to the fine hairs inside of ur ear that accually interpret (spellin) the different sounds to ur brain...

well you can get scare tissue from many things, ear infections, tubes, trauma to the head, all kinds of shit.

that's the issue in my left ear mad scare tissue, I also have tinnitus which can be a real bugger

IIRC low frequency sounds at high db levels don't do much damage. It's the higher frequency sounds at the same db levels that do the damage. For example, 140 db worth of low notes isn't very damaging but if you take a very high frequency sound at that same 140 db it would be extremely painful because there is more audible sound output for the same db. The lower notes are more air moving and can be quite a bit of pressure, but the sound output that is present when you experience the same db level from a higher note (ie, the lower notes are more air and pressure for the perceived volume level where as the higher notes take a much higher volume level to achieve the same amount of sound pressure) is exponentially more.

At least that is how I understand it. :)

Getting loud on a budget. Impossible? We shall see!

95 Chevy Blazer

Pioneer DEH-6700MP

RF T10001BD

AA Havoc 18"

??

well you can get scare tissue from many things, ear infections, tubes, trauma to the head, all kinds of shit.

that's the issue in my left ear mad scare tissue, I also have tinnitus which can be a real bugger

damn mane .. that sux ... just means u have the right to turn it up louder! :clapping:

250 amp mechman alt

Sundown 100.4D

Sundown 1500v2 now goin to the cruze

Sundown ZV3 12d2

Sundown sa6.5cs X2

Kenwood X597

Trying something new

2011 Chevy Cruze

X8

1500v2

Im not sure why but my ears will sometimes pop and Ill be able to hear a whole lot better... Like I will wake up in the monring and go through half the day and yawn for example my ears will pop and its a huge difference... maybe its a sign? i dno i pass the hearing test thing at my physicals so i guess im good.

Untitled-2.jpg

My Videos

AQ + AA/Fi FTMFW!!!!!

Im not sure why but my ears will sometimes pop and Ill be able to hear a whole lot better... Like I will wake up in the monring and go through half the day and yawn for example my ears will pop and its a huge difference... maybe its a sign? i dno i pass the hearing test thing at my physicals so i guess im good.

yeah i got the same thing don't know what it is either.

your eardrums move the little bones.... its all connected, and we're not quite sensitive to tell which part of our hearing receptor hurts, which is why i said eardrums. When your actual drum moves alot (like a high pressure low frequency sound) the bones move A LOT, which can lead to them wearing down or even developing a type of arthritis, where they become much less receptive to outside waves

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived