Alright so i worked on it a little last night and this morning. the damn dremel would burn up with plastic so we couldnt cut the armrest with the dremel, instead, we marked up, from inside the trunk, the lines we were going to cut and took a box knife and started jabbing and sawing and surprisingly it came out really good. i screwed in all the latches with my friend sitting on the lid on the box lol so it would get an air tight seal. you cant see it but there is weather stripping on the box and the lid just to make sure. I think the end result came out pretty cool tho the only latches home depot had were gold... i was looking for silver but meh whatever doesnt match anything lol whocares.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the ports line up directly with the ski port

Posted Image

i was kinda mad tho cause i wish i could have pushed the box back all the way but its too wide so there is alot of gap btwn the back of the box and the rear seats but thats more than enough room to hide the amp and battery there.

Posted Image

what do you guys think?

how is it not sealed? theres 2 layers of weather stripping btwn the box and the lid and the latches tightly hold down the lid. like i said before my friend sat on the lid on the box while i screwed in the latches so i could get them as tight as possible

Guest MegaloManiac

i still dont believe its sealed. pressure will find its way out on the weakest part of the box.

also instead of latches couldnt you have just used longer screws?

lol.. he wants to have some access to the subs..

i like the idea.

I think it turned out pretty nice! i was gonna mention putting some rubber lining or something but then i saw you put something in between the 2 pieces..

I agree, its not completely sealed up, but eh, its all good, i think it looks nice.

If you want.. you could just glue rubber lining all around the rim of the lid, then screw the lid on.. that would prolly seal it up a bit more.. or even.. putting 4 screws in the lid before putting on the latches would sealed it bit tighter..

I think it overall looks great man! good job!

06 SCION tC

Archived