DC Sound Lab

Hey guys,

Im new to the DC Audio, I will be putting an order through with Mr 160.5 to get 2 lvl 4 12s with lvl 5 coils on monday. Now it will be a very short time line before the 2x show on the 13th so I will not have time to test so I will be building a box and wingin it for the show. I seen that the lvl 4's call for 2 cu ft per driver for SPL applications on the DC Site but I was wondering if anyone has had any experiences building a bit smaller or bigger to increase their score. I know what my truck peaks at etc I just need to know how big I should build the box.

Thanks

DC Audio

Stetsom

150 DB Club

i assume that you will be running the amp at 4ohms, giving each sub 1000rms, correct?

if thats the case, then i personally would make the box from 3.7 to 4 cubes after displacements. i have a similar set-up and i made my box 3.85 cubes. i havnt played the subs yet because i need recones, but i have a good feeling that they'll make plenty of noise. my set-up is daily though so my box is tuned low.

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel