Second Skin Audio

Aeroports help

your take ur volume and divide by the number of ports u have, and then figure tuning, and thats how long each port should be...

so take 13cubes/4ports=3.25cubes use that as ur volume and one six inch port in ur equation and get ur tuning....then whatever length u come up with, every port needs to be that long..

so yea, if it says 15" long, then they all should be that long

also , how do you know if your using to big of a port or not .. for example, in a large enclosure if port length didnt matter , what would the dif. be between 4/ 6"aeros compared to 4-4'' aeros.. Obviously there is more port area, but is there a time when you can have to large of a port or to much port area, and what does it do

2- DC Lvl 3 12's

Memphis mc1000d

146.2 TL , (7-4-09)

usually u wanna go somewhere between 12-16sq" of port area per cubic foot of box volume

aeros are different...and honestly i just guestimate with areos...i mean one 4" aero just logically doesnt seem enough for one 15" sub

and yes u can have too much port area....sub will sound like poo...almost like u were free airing it

i likes me some audio stuff...