lmao......yea i like 90's stuff too (look @ my wheels HAHA) , the 6" Procomp lift is awesome for these trucks. I've been in the 4x4 realm now (my work), and i've seen alot of trucks done and they're awesome with that kit. I got one guy that we lifted his truck (6/3) with a set of 38" Cepek FC2s and they look pretty sick, and they don't stick out too bad, they're mounted on a set of Weld look-a-likes 15x12s. But, my style is like pontiac's old slogan- Wider is Better.

BTW, its very clean and what looks to be rust free??? Hard to find a 88-98 standard stepside in good shape these days.....

LOL, I like that red truck.

there was only one rust spot. It was on the fllor of the cab and when I deadened it, I cleaned out the rust and put rustoleum on the floor. The bedliner needs to be repainted, I got talked into an off-brand by the shop that painted it and it is pretty crappy. I'm gonna buy a kit hopefully by the end of the year, audio is a priority right now. Besides, there's no rust. There's only 1, maybe 2 if you look closely, dents.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

i use to polish semi wheels and what we would use is buffing wheel on an angle grinder with Rouge buffing compond it came in a stick and was like a really hard clay, but any wheel can be shined but alot have a top coat on them you have to get off first once its bear metal then you can shine it just need to get the right compound

It's got a Rancho lift and Rancho shocks. I personally like it. It rides smooth but you can still feel the road. The tires are relatively light for their size. This is the second set and the first lasted for greater than 10 years of regular driving and occasional off-roading.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

not a bad looking truck, i would update the mirrors for the 94-98 ones,maybe get a newer grill shell,need to lift it more.

i'd also ditch the side molding.

center console: lvl 4 12 1.75 cu ft tuned 37htz

alpine cda-9886

dc audio 120.4

infinity kappa 6.5" components

not a bad looking truck, i would update the mirrors for the 94-98 ones,maybe get a newer grill shell,need to lift it more.

i'd also ditch the side molding.

I'm going to repaint it soon. It's going to be blacked out. I'm not sure on the mirrors. I'm going to look and see if I like them. Thanks for the tip.

I've actually got 2 grilles from the same year model truck (the one on there now is not the original)

"need to lift it more." :rofl: Hahahaha, I can barely get in as it is. If I lift it any higher I'll need a ladder to get in! Then again... :spiteful:

Anyway, I'm nowhere near through with it. The bedliner needs redoing. It needs a new paint job bad, real bad. The paint on the frame is wearing off faster by the day. The windshield wipers need replacing. The front grille needs repainted (rocks FTL). The tires need to be cleaned and rotated. The rear bumper needs to be lowered (every time I lower the tailgate, it hits the steps and ruins the paint more). The Silverado, K1500, and Chevrolet badges/stickers need replacing. The back window might need replacing (it's leaking). I need to fab up that cold air box. The dash is cracked and need replacing. The door panels need to be colored (spray on fabric dye FTW). I need to finish the stereo/carputer. I need to put in the interior dome light. The front pushbar needs to go back on. I need to build a custom set of LED foglights. The brake lights need to be replaced with LED's. The reverse lights also need to be replaced with LEDs. The bed needs a cover. I need an electric radiator fan. The list goes on and on...

I tried to get a vid of the truck, but the exhaust overpowered my puny cameraphone mic. You couldn't hear anything but a rumble. :D

Oh, I do have a pic of the driver side exhaust. It's not very interesting, but still pretty cool.

IMG deleted.

Those are dual chrom tips. I noticed it got a little louder after they were put on. Not to mention they look really cool. They were dirty in that pic, but the shine pretty good when clean.

15.4" widescreen

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

Looks good man, I love these models. I have a 89, identical to yours but 2wd, that I'm building up right now for street/strip. I wish mine was 4wd sometimes though.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

I don't know how many days I've wished I had a stepsside bed on my extended cab '92 or '96, those just look so sweet doe some reason. Either way you take these trucks, up or down, they look good. And yours is no exception. Keep up the work man.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Archived