Second Skin Audio

Calculating Deminsions

I have never built my own box before, so I am wanting to try and figure this out. I need to get 1.5 FT^3 and 9.5 In^2, I know that 1FT^3 = 1728 in^3, right? So I know I need to get 2592 in^3. If I do 15x14x14 I get 2940 In^3. I think this would be adequate for port displacement, and speaker displacement. Do you all think this sounds right, also, I don't know how to calculate anything for the port. Any one feel up to the challenge of explaining this to me?

I have never built my own box before, so I am wanting to try and figure this out. I need to get 1.5 FT^3 and 9.5 In^2, I know that 1FT^3 = 1728 in^3, right? So I know I need to get 2592 in^3. If I do 15x14x14 I get 2940 In^3. I think this would be adequate for port displacement, and speaker displacement. Do you all think this sounds right, also, I don't know how to calculate anything for the port. Any one feel up to the challenge of explaining this to me?

All you gotta do is subtract the displacement of the port and port walls. Other factors to subtract are the displacement of your driver and 45s if youre doing them.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

general rule of thumb is about 12-15sq" of port area per cubic foot. the longer the port the lower the tuning frequency, and visa versa.

what kind of sub u got? is this for daily driving or spl? give me the max dimensions your box can be and i will figure something up for you to try and give you an example.

i likes me some audio stuff...

Archived