Sonic Electronix

91-96 impala/caprice trunk setups

Hopefully im in the right section.

i picked up a 91 caprice and want install a system in it that has some good output but doesnt take up my entire trunk,since im eventually going to install airride or hydraulics.

i have two possible candidates for a setup.

1) a pair of first gen Kicker L7 12s d4 with a Crunch powerzone p1500.1

2) a single Fi Btl 18 d2 with a Kicker kx1200.1

since both setups need about the same size box (5cu.ft ported) im not sure on what to do.im leaning more towards the L7s due to akwardness of the box(imo the Btl likes more cu.ft) and i only have 19.5 inches where the sub(s) would go.

do you guys recommend porting through the rear deck into the cabin and subs firing into the trunk or sub/port into the trunk?

if anyone has pictures of trunks post them up please.

thanks for any help.

Well i didn't have an 18 but heres my Q 15 in a 4.5 cuft box in my caprice back 6x9 are not in the car

Personally I would go with the BTL but with more power like atleast twice. I have a 96 Impala SS and have built 2 different boxes for it. Both are in the build section but don't feel like looking through all them pages. It is a bitch to get a Box that big in the trunk I had to build the first box in two pieces and put them together in the trunk. The second box I just built it in the trunk. I like it alot better cause the sub and port is in my rear deck. Here is the link to my photo bucket. yOU NEED ANY HELP JUST ASK

FIMPALASS

96 IMPALA SS

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP H/U

Pioneer TS-C160R 6.5"

Pioneer TS-D690R 6x9"

JBL GTO755.6II

Stinger spdh-10 cap

100sqft. Fatmat

AQ 3500d

18" FI BTL 7cuft 35Hz

here's some pictures of mine it's in a chrysler 300cPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

if youre going with fi go with a bl or q. you would be wayyyy underpowering a btl with that amp

true,but since its what i have available now i figured the Kicker would be a better match than the crunch.

but i would like to trade the BTL for something smaller like a DC lvl4 18,or a Fi BL 18,since it would be more practical for my application. im looking for some great output without having to go out and buy anew amp,since i could put those 500-800 dollars into the electrical system and keep my current amp and power something smaller with it.

Well i didn't have an 18 but heres my Q 15 in a 4.5 cuft box in my caprice back 6x9 are not in the car

sounds like its bottoming out toward the end

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

well i decided to go with the kicker l7s and power them with the kicker amp,and just sell/trade the Fi btl .

i did some measuring and came up witht this

Posted Image

but im kind of a noob at calculating cu.ft of multi angled boxes. i used acouple different calculators and one gives me 6.28cu.ft and another gave me 4.86cu.ft,so i dont know which one is right. if anyone can hepl me out with that and calculate a port tuned at 33hz i would really appreciate it.

Archived