Second Skin Audio

Opinion on MA Audio HK 18's?

I have one right now and am considering putting two (or just sticking with 1?) in a 1996 Chevy 2500 extended cab to replace my 4x Kicker 10's (2 2005 L5's and 2 ~2001 L7's lol).

Unfortunately I cant find any specs for them on the net anywhere other than the coil ratings (5kw rms, quad 1.3 ohm titanium 4" coils). So should I stick with the MA('s) or go a different route? Currently i've got a single Lanzar Opti2000D, might get a second.

Pics of the 4 10's just for those interested ;)

http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc232/S...re%2010%20box1/

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

u know ma got baught by the company that owns jensen and dual sooo i mean that speaks for itself + their repair dept. sucks if u blow it up after warranty because they do no repairs unless its under warranty and told me they would not sell parts.... :unknw:

Greg,
Triple C Auto Niagara Falls NY

Under construction
2002 Chevy Suburban

pioneer 8000NEX

3 Sets of ARC Audio 6000 components in custom front doors

2 Powerbass midrange in center council

4 Super tweets

2 Focal 900.6 6 channels

4 American Bass VFL Comp 15's (currently running 2)

DC 12.0k

DC Power dual alt bracket

2 XS Power D3400's under the hood

3 C&D technologies 110ah in rear

along with multiple runs of 0 AWG OFC

u know ma got baught by the company that owns jensen and dual sooo i mean that speaks for itself + their repair dept. sucks if u blow it up after warranty because they do no repairs unless its under warranty and told me they would not sell parts.... :unknw:

Interesting, was wondering what happened to them. Thanks.

These are before Jensen/Dual though I think. As to blowing them up, i'm not too worried on that front. I'm sure they will last me long enough or i'll pick up some LMS drivers before then.

Anyone got a clue what kind of box volume I should be looking at for them? I read somewhere that about 6-7 cubic feet each is good but havent seen a spec sheet so its hard to tell. Also looking to tune them as low into the 20hz range as possible as I have a thing for low frequencies.. lol. Dont worry though, the current train of thought is to make the port changeable so I can swap it to 30+ for racing or whatever ;)

Thanks

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

Interesting, was wondering what happened to them. Thanks.

These are before Jensen/Dual though I think. As to blowing them up, i'm not too worried on that front. I'm sure they will last me long enough or i'll pick up some LMS drivers before then.

Anyone got a clue what kind of box volume I should be looking at for them? I read somewhere that about 6-7 cubic feet each is good but havent seen a spec sheet so its hard to tell. Also looking to tune them as low into the 20hz range as possible as I have a thing for low frequencies.. lol. Dont worry though, the current train of thought is to make the port changeable so I can swap it to 30+ for racing or whatever ;)

Thanks

1-time bump

Hammerdown... 1%

• 3 weeks later...

Oh wow, maaudio.com is back up!!

No specs though :(

Hammerdown... 1%