Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Which direction in my 99 Tahoe?


LilTeddyP

Recommended Posts

Posted

99 tahoe

So these are all dreams at this point because I have to sell my 6-12's first but I want to do 1 BTL 18" in my tahoe.

I have been going through different setups in my head. I am trying to figure out what would be the best for me.

I have been really wanting to downfire to get rid of any noise from the subs. Plus I like the way it looks, is this not a good idea?

These are the ideas that I have been thinking of

Sub downfiring all the way to the left(driver) port back all the way to the right(pass), mirror on bottom with LED Strip underneith enclosed bottom on 3 sides (This is my favorite)

Sub firing up centered in box with 2 ports, one on each side, firing back

Sub firing up, all the way to the left(driver) with one port firing back all the way to the right(pass)

have 48W x 21H x depth is variable but would like to keep to a minimum to retain cargo area, its my daily and I have a 2 year old so need the room.

I was thinking of doubling up 3/4 mdf all the way around but then I was thinking about just doubling up the face.

My friend wants me to invert it so there is another variable in the equation, i dont think I will just because, I dont really want it like that, i would just rather have everything below my seat.

Just looking for some input. I have a t4000 so I would get dual 1Ω with cooling, HiXmCoil, daily, I Heat Ring, Universal so I could get another BTL down the road if I wanted to.

Right now I have 6 Pioneer TS-W305C's wired to 2.6Ω on the T4000. Amp about half way up. I am hoping to just amaze the people around my area and show them that you don't have to have alot of subs to be loud.

So LMK what you guys think, what would be the best, musically, I am trying to keep as much cargo room as I can but also want to be efficient. There is no point in making spending the time and money making the smallest box if I can lose a little room, and be alot louder. I'm tired and sorry if this doesn't make any sense but I need to get this out before I go home and go to bed.

Thanks for the help.

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?

Posted

for a tahoe do not do a downfire you will be disappointed at the sound.

try sub up port back that is typically the loudest for SUV's

good luck hope to see a build log :good:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Posted

Shit I've done in the past with some help from my boy (97ssblazer)

Edit: Making a photobucket, tomorrow, unless my boy does it for me tonight

Ok here is his photobucket with most of our shit in there

http://s414.photobucket.com/albums/pp224/b...ll%20Portfolio/

2001 Bravada (2wd) Pewter on 24's

JVC KW-AV60BT

10 Alpine Type-S 6.5s

2 PSI/BTL 18's @ 32Hz

2 Rockford Fosgate T25001-bd's @ 1-ohm each

Rockford Fosgate T1000-4

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford 3Sixty.2

Yellow top up front, 2 9a31s in the back

LOTS of AT 1/0

Python 991

350 Amp Singer Alt

"Build Log"

My Facebook

My YouTube

i didnt see the video or read anything but...cool story

and the reason your being a cock tonight is?

Posted

I would say to do it this way. Sub firing up centered in box with 2 ports, one on each side, firing back. My subs are firing back as is the port and its loud as hell in my blazer. My next box will probably be 4 12's firing up and the port firing up!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13967 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...