my drivers side door handle on the inside of my on my 98 siverado has got to where in the past couple of weeks u have to pull it so far back it wont hardly open anymore.. i know 2 of my buddies have the same truck and one has both handles broke off and the other has one broke and i was hoping to fix mine before it broke.. is the something on there that u can tighten up or is it wore out?? i took the door panel off the other day to wire my speakers and forgot to look :search:.. it gets worse every day so im hoping someone knows how to fix this?? anyone had this problem also??

2000 GMC sierra 1500 ext cab

KMC XD Spy series rims

Front doors Fosgate punch 6 1/2's stock tweets

Rear doors Fosgate power 4x6's

Probox 10 and box under rear seat

Rockford fosgate R-500 Prime series amp (537 rms)

4 gauge wiring

Anyone????? :unknw:

KMC XD Spy series rims

4 gauge wiring

has nobody really has this problem before???

KMC XD Spy series rims

4 gauge wiring

you could always take the door panel off and look

Yea i will tomaro but i was just wondering before i took it off if there was anything i can do to maybe tighten it up mor something??

KMC XD Spy series rims

4 gauge wiring

Yea i will tomaro but i was just wondering before i took it off if there was anything i can do to maybe tighten it up mor something??

I thought that it had a to adjust I was just in mine a few weeks ago, theres gotta be a set screw or retainer clip to hold the handle onto the opener rod...thats what I would be looking at....let us know tomorrow

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

i had that problem in my cutty and ford truck with the cutlass i had to take the door panele off and bend the bar that conects to the handle (ajust it) i was tolod it was stretched. with the truck it has a wire like thing i havent done nothing yet but im going to tie it in a knot to tightin it up.

It is broke.....end of story. I have a 98 crewcab silverado.....same truck. there is no set screw, or adjustment of any kind. The handle is a cheap pot metal cast piece. Once it starts to crack, it just progressively gets worse. Bought my new one off e-bay for about $20 shipped. take off your door panel, drill out rivet that holds the handle to the door, slide the handle back off the slots, then pull the plastic retainers off the pull rods for your handle and lock. reverse process to install new one. I used a self tapping screw to replace the rivet, and then just reinstall door panel. :D

Edited by 98crewcab

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

It is broke.....end of story. I have a 98 crewcab silverado.....same truck. there is no set screw, or adjustment of any kind. The handle is a cheap pot metal cast piece. Once it starts to crack, it just progressively gets worse. Bought my new one off e-bay for about $20 shipped. take off your door panel, drill out rivet that holds the handle to the door, slide the handle back off the slots, then pull the plastic retainers off the pull rods for your handle and lock. reverse process to install new one. I used a self tapping screw to replace the rivet, and then just reinstall door panel. :D

Shit.. so its just broke?? Well i guess ill look into a new one :sad:

KMC XD Spy series rims

4 gauge wiring