Second Skin Audio

Truck has no room

310_cutty

cool beans...another 8" project...

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

The port on this thing is gonna be tiny. From what I can tell, it'll be like a 1" hole, or like a 1"x.8" slot if you do a simple wedge design at 35 hz. Are there any drawbacks to having such a small port?

I'll post my pics of the box without port, then make a few with example ports thrown in.

Here's the un-ported box, as well as a few ported to 37 hz.

Box Without Port(s):

Posted Image

Box With 1-1" Round Port, centered:

Posted Image

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

A... 1 inch hole... I'm really looking forward to seeing how that turns out

I know. I calculated it out and I was like "that doesn't seem right..."

So I did it two more times and that's what it came out to. With 3/4" MDF, the internal volume is only about 2.39 cubes, so there's really not much space for air to move around in there. I don't even think there's a point in porting this box. It'll probably only make a negligible difference if it's ported. It's a very small box.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

Oh, shit. I suck. I just realized the munting depth of these subs is 4.5 inches. I was designing the box using the BASKET depth of 2.4. So now the subs are gonna wind up towards the bottom of the box, with the "port" at the top, probably just in the middle...

EDIT: So here's the new model. Subs in a row on the bottom, port top middle.

Posted Image

wtf is lolcats?

The port on this thing is gonna be tiny. From what I can tell, it'll be like a 1" hole, or like a 1"x.8" slot if you do a simple wedge design at 35 hz. Are there any drawbacks to having such a small port?

I'll post my pics of the box without port, then make a few with example ports thrown in.

Here's the un-ported box, as well as a few ported to 37 hz.

Box Without Port(s):

Posted Image

Box With 1-1" Round Port, centered:

Posted Image

Oh, shit. I suck. I just realized the munting depth of these subs is 4.5 inches. I was designing the box using the BASKET depth of 2.4. So now the subs are gonna wind up towards the bottom of the box, with the "port" at the top, probably just in the middle...

EDIT: So here's the new model. Subs in a row on the bottom, port top middle.

Posted Image

good looking out bro.

if only i could get some cut sheets..

*grumble* Making me do all the work... :P

Back wall: 60x18

Side Walls: 16.5x6.25x2.25 cut angle=76.4°

Top: 2.25x60 (angled on front edge)

Bottom: 6.5x60 (angled on front edge)

Front: 60x18.5 (angled top and bottom)

Sub holes are placed (from the center of the hole) 6" from the boom edge of the box. The top hole for the "port" is in the center of the top board, meaning it's 30" from the far edges and about 1" from the close edges. I would recommend just using a 1" drill bit, rather than trying to finagle a jigsaw into there.

All the measurements I made were based on 3/4" wood/MDF.

wtf is lolcats?

*grumble* Making me do all the work... :P

Back wall: 60x18

Side Walls: 16.5x6.25x2.25 cut angle=76.4°

Top: 2.25x60 (angled on front edge)

Bottom: 6.5x60 (angled on front edge)

Front: 60x18.5 (angled top and bottom)

Sub holes are placed (from the center of the hole) 6" from the boom edge of the box. The top hole for the "port" is in the center of the top board, meaning it's 30" from the far edges and about 1" from the close edges. I would recommend just using a 1" drill bit, rather than trying to finagle a jigsaw into there.

All the measurements I made were based on 3/4" wood/MDF.

I really appreciate it bro.

It's just that I suck at all this math and angles involved in building boxes.

Thanks....

Can I be part of the no room club? I fit 4 Xtant 10"s behind the seats of a del sol.Posted Image

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived