Sonic Electronix

Im having a issue where my sundown 1200d is only running off my back batt and my bass turns off at higher volums(21 out of 40). my back batt is a kinetic 1200 and i have a stock front batt. i ran a power wire (4ga) to a fuse holder and from the fuse holder i went to the batt + to the amp+.Then grounded the batt in the back i used a diff screw then the amp ground but it's pretty much in the same area. All wire is knu 4ga and i have it all fused with 150 amp fuses.At first my back batt was charging up and was at 14.4 now its at 12.4 and my front is at 14.4. I did my grunds under my hood with 1/0 ga and i know with the back battery working i was not geting any volt issues. so what is cuzing my back batt to not charge?

oh yea im wired at 1 ohm and my rca's are fine and the sub,amp,batt are less then a month old

try to put your ground in a better spot. sand down a spot put a terminal on it and bot it to the chassis somewhere. if you have the wire run the ground back to the alt and ground it on the case. see if that fixes it up for you.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

try to put your ground in a better spot. sand down a spot put a terminal on it and bot it to the chassis somewhere. if you have the wire run the ground back to the alt and ground it on the case. see if that fixes it up for you.

tomrrow im gona try another spot for the batt's ground. here is the thing the amp's ground is pretty much near the batts ground and that ground area has been fine for 6 months or so. why would it charge up at first then not charge no more. i might run out with my dmm in a few mins. ihave a b-day partty to go to in a hour or so.

sometimes the ground just does that. why? idk

i willpull it all out, i have to do that to get to the grounds sucks big time. ill post up tomrrow leting u guys know what happen. could i use the same olt for the amp ground or drill my own? my ground has a ring connecter i would need to drill a whole .

i just got in from looking things over thing's ,batt is at 12.3 and front batt is fine, all fuses are fine i pulled on the ground wire thats fine, i guess ill make another ground. can i drill a hole near the battery and do it there? cuz the amp's ground is near the batts ground now.

Edited by 1mtx1

also try and power tha amp with the origianl power wire. thatll eliminate the battery being the problem also if the ground doesnt fix it.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

also try and power tha amp with the origianl power wire. thatll eliminate the battery being the problem also if the ground doesnt fix it.

if i try the new grounds and it still happens to do the same thing ill put the power wire to my amp and go from there. i have a spot where the stock subs was it right near the back batt i could do my ground there its would need to b sanded and i could use a 1 foot ground wire in that area . thanks bro

You running your stock alt? If you are your alt may not be keeping up with charging both batteries especially with the draw of the system on the rear one.

Edited by TheSundownFire

1999 Pontiac Sunfire

Alpine CDA-9886

Sundown Audio SAZ-1000D

Sundown Audio SAX-50.4

Rainbow SAC 265.25 Components

Image Dynamics iD12

Optima Yellow Top

SQFire FTW.