Apologize slowed with bass

So its still clipped even though I equalized out everything below 100hz to -24 db? That doesnt really make sense to me, did you even check out how clipped the bass was? I think I even ran it through a HPF.

that is about as bad as clipping gets bro... ud heat up an amp in about a minute or less

i mean, u can do whatever u think works, but u put it on zshare, so watch to osciloscope, if there are any parts the are flat, its bad... and because we know u added a 30db test tone... the bass is what is clipped.... usually u can get away with clipped highs because that only lasts for .0000023 seconds

i dont even know what u mean by equalize everything below 100hz to -24db

see u are trying to correct the problem, which is good, but the wrong way

each song can only handle so much bass or bass boost... every song is different

just use a quieter sine wave before u mix it in... and dont be satisified til u see barely any clipping

ill take a screen shot in a second here to show ya what i mean so u can improve... im hear to help not criticize, so pm me if u need to

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

that is about as bad as clipping gets bro... ud heat up an amp in about a minute or less

i mean, u can do whatever u think works, but u put it on zshare, so watch to osciloscope, if there are any parts the are flat, its bad... and because we know u added a 30db test tone... the bass is what is clipped.... usually u can get away with clipped highs because that only lasts for .0000023 seconds

i dont even know what u mean by equalize everything below 100hz to -24db

see u are trying to correct the problem, which is good, but the wrong way

each song can only handle so much bass or bass boost... every song is different

just use a quieter sine wave before u mix it in... and dont be satisified til u see barely any clipping

ill take a screen shot in a second here to show ya what i mean so u can improve... im hear to help not criticize, so pm me if u need to

I feel you, just still a bit confused. But what I am saying is right when the bass hits, from that point on (1:09++) I equalized the whole track so that anything playing below 100hz is -24db.

Edited by Thewes
teamsundown-1.jpg

well lets say the original song was at its peak level 17db... at some points u added 30db of sine wave to it (a "0db" sine wave) ur new peak at some points is 47db... 17 of it being clipped because u cannot have data exceeding 30db (on a scale of 0-30)

so now add in ur -24 equalizing... which is slopped likely... so if its at 100hz it might take to 50hz to be -24db

that aside

subtract the 24db from the 47db of data... leaves u with 23db of data.. thats a good number, but up to 17db of the 23db is clipped because all u did was clip the music, then make the clipped music quieter.... get it?

this is why u need to use a quieter sine wave, so u dont surpass that 30db mark in total data at any point for longer than say .005 seconds (since thats a nearly inaudible amount of time in music)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

well lets say the original song was at its peak level 17db... at some points u added 30db of sine wave to it (a "0db" sine wave) ur new peak at some points is 47db... 17 of it being clipped because u cannot have data exceeding 30db (on a scale of 0-30)

so now add in ur -24 equalizing... which is slopped likely... so if its at 100hz it might take to 50hz to be -24db

that aside

subtract the 24db from the 47db of data... leaves u with 23db of data.. thats a good number, but up to 17db of the 23db is clipped because all u did was clip the music, then make the clipped music quieter.... get it?

this is why u need to use a quieter sine wave, so u dont surpass that 30db mark in total data at any point for longer than say .005 seconds (since thats a nearly inaudible amount of time in music)

can you try doing this song decaf??

there are way to many kicks in the song to add bass

there are a few spots but thats why thewes was so clipped.... u cannot add a sine wave ontop of another note lower than 160hz if ur lpf is set at 80hz... compound bass notes dont make subs happy, they sound confused and muddy

thats what quakecityaudio was trying to do awhile back

TeamSundown-sig.jpg