anyone know how to lift an 01 deville

i know to alot of people this is gonna sound absolutely stupid but does anybody know where to buy a kit to lift an 01 caddy deville. i would like to put a set of 24's on my caddy and so far i havent found anyplace that would sell a kit like that. i can get a universal suspension lift from univeralcarlifts.com but its only like 3 inchs and thats not going to be enough for my back end cuz of tha system weight. or if anybody could fabricate a suspension kit that would lift it high enough. im the only one in my area that would have a deville on 24's and im tying to do that so any help would be nice. thanks guys

currently just running a JL 12W7 and RF BD 1001

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

Big azz box in tha backseat

working out other details

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

i know to alot of people this is gonna sound absolutely stupid but does anybody know where to buy a kit to lift an 01 caddy deville. i would like to put a set of 24's on my caddy and so far i havent found anyplace that would sell a kit like that. i can get a universal suspension lift from univeralcarlifts.com but its only like 3 inchs and thats not going to be enough for my back end cuz of tha system weight. or if anybody could fabricate a suspension kit that would lift it high enough. im the only one in my area that would have a deville on 24's and im tying to do that so any help would be nice. thanks guys

It's going to be hard to find a lift for a car, best thing to do in my opinion is to go to a reputable suspension shop and talk to them.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

thats what i figure. im hoping to get lucky, not sure its gonna work. the good thing is theres some good shops in the area

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

http://universalcarlifts.com/product_info....;products_id=66

The pic they got has way to big of a tire. The only other way would be to drop the lower rear control arm, where the spring sits. Cut it and add like 3 in down, 2in out to it. If you move just the lower shock mounts down too much , the wheel will start to tilt out at the top. You can stiffen the coil up with spring spacers for a auto parts store. If you can stay 9.5in wide or less on the wheels you should be ok. Youll still have to cut a bit. Ive put 24s on a Toyota Avalon before, so the caddy shouldnt be too different. 22s bolt on to that car with no modification on a 255/30/22 tire thats 28.11 O.D. if you went 285/30/24 you be at 30.87in tall. 2 1/2in taller o.d. but half goes up, half goes down. So the tires alone will raise the car 1 1/4in and youll need to clear the 1 1/4in

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

ok im gonna check on that. sounds like it would work. i tought about 22's but i like the look of 24's. trying to be tha first 01 caddy donkville.

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

ok im gonna check on that. sounds like it would work. i tought about 22's but i like the look of 24's. trying to be tha first 01 caddy donkville.

They are really helpful, and of the 20 or so lifts Ive installed from them, all have been spot on. Down here in the south 24s on a FWD caddy's are everywhere

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

dam, i knew it. im in the wrong area. in the area that i live in, if i get 24's, ill prolly be looked at as the dumbest guy in town just cuz noone up here puts big rims on cars, only on trucks, and if they are, usually 22's at most. but then again 24's, snow, and chrome deffinately dont go good together here but i want them so im goona start looking for some. You were talking about universalcarlifts.com right? just want to make sure, thanks

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

. You were talking about universalcarlifts.com right? just want to make sure, thanks

yep, good shit.

round here 22s on a galant barely gets a look.Floaters and 24s are on just about everything, from Avalons to Sebrings. Put 20s on a mid-late 90s Honda Accord, and get asked "why you get such small wheel?"

nice, where exactly down south r u, if u dont mind me askin. i wish it was like that up here but i dont get that lucky. 18s are about it as far as imports and regular cars go but with our roads in michigan, bent rims happen alot with the potholes. i have seen a few cars with 20s but thats it. im gonna try that website and hopefully i find a good deal on some rims then ill be the first in this area with them on. that would be nice

soon to come

soundstream XXX 18

Memphis mojo MCD4KW

soundstream.jpg

logo_mca.gif

S.C./N.C border, about 15 min outside rockingham N.C.

www.myspace.com/pee_dee_customs is the shop

www.myspace.com/ballin_incorporated is the heavy fab/weekend fun

Archived