Second Skin Audio

4 15,s or 2 18,s

I was set on going with 2 18 Btls when i got a brainstorm of going with 4 15 CerwinVega.When i was in my 20s,before wife and kids i ran 2 Cerwin Vega,s in a ported box at about 5 or so cube box with a old school soundstream 6.0 and it was bad ass.This was close to 15 years ago.With that said what do you guys think of running 4 15,s rather than 2 18s?I know i will have more cone area.It would just save me a couple dollars.What would i gain or lose?

Vega Is NOT what it use to be !

Go with the BTL'S YOU WILL BE HAPPIER!

And considering you might lose cone area......the vega's cannot handle the same power that the BTL CAN !

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

4 15's would definitely be louder than 2 18's but not in your case.

btl's would rape the vegas

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

4 15's would definitely be louder than 2 18's but not in your case. btl's would rape the vegas

x2...

BTL > Vega's

the BTL's would get alot louder than the vegas would and u can run more power with the BTL's than you could with the vega's

if u wanna do a 4 15" setup u could do 4 DC lvl 4's, Fi BL's or Q's, T3 TSS, RE SX's

all depends on how much power u want to throw at ur system...

Edited by Sp33dyG

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

just curious if you meant the VEGA line CV's, or Stroker. I have built boxes for both, and have been happy with the output of both.

Hell my very first REALLY loud build build was 4- Vega 12"s and 2 Hifonics Zeus amps, but again, that also was about 10-11 years ago

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

just curious if you meant the VEGA line CV's, or Stroker. I have built boxes for both, and have been happy with the output of both.

Hell my very first REALLY loud build build was 4- Vega 12"s and 2 Hifonics Zeus amps, but again, that also was about 10-11 years ago

i was talking the Cv line.I cant afford Strokers.

i had a set of the older vmax 12's with the red surround n they got louder than my 2 mtx 5500 1544's off same amp

so i say for cone area ied go with vmax's

u talkin bout these right?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/UIControls/...2e-931a1862a11f

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i had a set of the older vmax 12's with the red surround n they got louder than my 2 mtx 5500 1544's off same amp

so i say for cone area ied go with vmax's

u talkin bout these right?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/UIControls/...2e-931a1862a11f

i mean the black with red surround they are like 1200 watt max

I just seen the newer Vegas, and they are garbage, the old Vegas are probably a lot better if findable

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.