Iraggi Alternator Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 Here are some quick pics of my personal 99 Suburban I competed with 4 yrs ago. Alpine F#1 Status head unit and 2 processors. 13 MCA-300 amplifiers for mids and highs. Each individual speaker has its own amplifier. 2-MCA4000KW's 6-Mojo 12's All Scanspeak highs. 4-300 amp alts. 5.1 surround sound.. yada yada yada.... The truck at Usac World Finals.. Underhood pics.. I had so many differnet alts in this thing!! It went from 4 300 amp alts to 3 300 amp alts and a single 1400 amp alt... Etc... F'Glass kicks. For some reason I have more pics of these things than any other thing in the truck.. Rings I made on my metal lathe... 7" midbass, 2" mid, 1" tweet
HPI_Savage25 Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 ONE 1400amp alt? Have any pics of that!? Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....
Iraggi Alternator Posted September 7, 2009 Author Report Posted September 7, 2009 Aluminum trim rings also made on the lathe...
Iraggi Alternator Posted September 7, 2009 Author Report Posted September 7, 2009 Ok.. enough of those... here are some actual install pics.. 13 amps just on the mids/highs.. I have alot more pics.. just gotta find them..
Iraggi Alternator Posted September 7, 2009 Author Report Posted September 7, 2009 Its a one off alternator I custom built just to compete in Meca and UsaCi. No pics of it.. Security clearance required.. LOL The alt did a little over 1400 amps max and right at 600 amps at idle. ONE 1400amp alt? Have any pics of that!?
Forevrbumpn Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 I love them Scanspeaks, very nice speakers made those kicks look so damn easy I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Iraggi Alternator Posted September 7, 2009 Author Report Posted September 7, 2009 Man they sound soooooo good!! Ill probably never change. Thats the thing about kicks... they look so simple when your done but a major pain in the ass to build. I love them Scanspeaks, very nice speakers made those kicks look so damn easy
Stephen Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 I must say it looks good, but i want pics of the 1400 amp alt. and please tell me this is not power wire through to door jamb you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be. DC POWER
Iraggi Alternator Posted September 7, 2009 Author Report Posted September 7, 2009 LMAO!!!! No, I was fishing some wires. I took all those pics mid install... Thats funny as hell tho.. As far as the alternator.... I didnt build to produce and sell. Just to put on my truck when I had a guy telling me he was going to beat me at Meca finals so I took care of that. Its actually sitting behind my desk. Has been ever since I took it off the truck. I must say it looks good, but i want pics of the 1400 amp alt. and please tell me this is not power wire through to door jamb
zfrerichs Posted September 7, 2009 Report Posted September 7, 2009 post some pics of the big ass alt!! Roseville, CA
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.