Second Skin Audio

Blown sub?

mine never did that. when you push down on the center, there should still be some sort of resistance.

The center is fine, it's the by the surrounds.

you either overpowering or clipping it just like hdrox88 said

mine used to smell before it became fully broken in but mine is only getting 1000 wrms

and also when ever i used a ipod it clipped my signal so that could be another problem if your using one

True with the iPod. I'm using the connect that goes from the back of the Pioneers to the charging dock of the iPod.

You have yet to break it in. Run it at 1/4 power until the smell stops, then go to 1/2 power for a few hours. That smell is the sub breaking in and pushing it to hard during break-in is never good.

break in? lol you kidding? everything i get i slam right out of the box.

and what would have to break in that would stink?

i mean i could see if you were going to say the spiders needed to soften up, and that wouldnt truely matter either

Roseville, CA

there is always a break in period with woofers....

my fubars used to STANK after like 60 sec at 50% or so... like real bad real quick

it just gradually goes away and after all the soft parts get worn in,,,

WAnk AwaY :P

but if the sub is used, then first of all check the actual woofer make sure its in good shape to begin with, after that its prolly just too much power

type arghhhs are good but they def no BTL :P

about what might stink while breaking in... like extra glue on the coil or the glue just warming up and settin in

Edited by P4killer_

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

if im reading right, if your pressing on the side of the sub, it will make a scratching noise. my R does that too, every sub does that because your forcing the coil to go sideways. pushing down in the middle is the indicator that the sub is blown if it scratches. check the ohm load on the woofer too. it should read 1/2/4/8 ohms or somewhere inbetween.

break in? lol you kidding? everything i get i slam right out of the box.

and what would have to break in that would stink?

i mean i could see if you were going to say the spiders needed to soften up, and that wouldnt truely matter either

x2 if it doesnt work 100% out of box it will never work properly

i slam my shit outa box too

98 Dodge Durango

12 000K 50/55W Headlights

12 000K 35W Fog lights

HU Panasonic CQ-VX100 7" Reciever

(1) Fi SSD 18" Fully Loaded

(1) Ported box 33hz

(1) Soundstream TRX1500D

(1) Soundstream TRX2.440

(1) RE 6.5" Component Set

(1) Rear battery

Big 3 in 0/1 gauge

2 runs of 1/0 Gauge wire

250A Alt soon..

there is always a break in period with woofers....

my fubars used to STANK after like 60 sec at 50% or so... like real bad real quick

it just gradually goes away and after all the soft parts get worn in,,,

WAnk AwaY :P

but if the sub is used, then first of all check the actual woofer make sure its in good shape to begin with, after that its prolly just too much power

type arghhhs are good but they def no BTL :P

about what might stink while breaking in... like extra glue on the coil or the glue just warming up and settin in

with all the woofers ive had i havnt ever had one stink for the first x amount of time

Roseville, CA

with all the woofers ive had i havnt ever had one stink for the first x amount of time

Sometimes you get a bit of a smell if there's a lot of glue on the coil... but it's a kinda sweet sickly smell not a bitter harsh one like smokey smokey. Usually gone after one good session though.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

i never really had like premium woofers, i might add no fi's or t3 for me maybye thats the dif

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s