National SMD Meet & greet Event

A lil’ background on the idea:

I belonged to the International mr2 owners club for yrs and was a diehard, as most of us are with Audio. That being said I bowered this idea from Bill Strong, the forum owner over at mr2oc.com.

What it is:

Street Motivated Designs National Meet & Greet

What it consists of:

A central location(in the US obviously) used as the host city for that yrs event.( Memphis in 10’, Tulsa in 11’ for examples)

A Hotel with large capacity that will allow use of the parking lot/banquet facilities, and allow Group-discounts for all involved.

Audio related seminars free to attend.

(Ex.) Say “X” sub company signs on, and agrees to hold a seminar on the basics of sub design. They would use their product to show how and why a sub is built the way it is, go into the manufacture processes, assembly, materials used, and why, etc. Anything audio related would be available to hold a seminar to better inform the users/consumers of said product/service.

Even basic How-to classes can be offered like how to read an O-scope, How-to correctly layer fiberglass, whatever. Of course, all Companies would be supplying the materials used for hands-on demo’s, paper information on said company/product/Process, as well as hand-outs and giveaway raffles. This is the key to keeping the costs down! The people/product/company has to be willing to do this and in turn receives the free advertising that comes with the internet exposure of a 10-14month planning, and personal relations that will be built upon at the event itself.

EVENTS:

Obviously we are a “on the meter” kind of event based community. That being said most events would be multiple variations of traditional SPL # recordings, following the most common recognized organizations. In addition, non-rule following “games” can be played. (Ex.) Who can knock a paper cup off a table edge the fastest from X feet away at 23hz, within a max 30-sec time frame.

Team events could also be an option if a local business, say Home Depot would donate the rental tools and materials to have a Sub-box Build-off one day, then the signed on companies of the stuff we use, put up the equipment, we throw it on a meter, and Blue team wins. Like a 1 day Monster Garage episode. Make the builds simple but challenging.

The week Before the SMD M&G all Convoys that had been organized on the forum will start the trip to the Big Day with meeting points pre-determined throughout the route to the main location.

A basic agenda might look like this:

Thurs.

Convoy groups will start arriving at Hotel, name tags, and rooms are issued and forum members start to get to put names with face/set-ups

Fri.

The remaining groups arrive and a Host (in this case Steve) Parking Lot BBQ-party

Fiber glassing seminar

Monster Garage style Build off

Awards for the days events, more chillin’ with friends

Sat.

Competition Day!

If it can be made a contest and the Term Lab is there, the day will be a success..lol

Maybe advertise locally beforehand and get a local-sound off/car show poppin’.

Seminars-galore.

Awards for the days events

Sun.

An early dinner Event, maybe a more dress affair than the weekend’s Jeans n’ Ts attire. In our community, this would be a great time for the companies everyone sees on the forums, or at the comps to give small presentations on the Goals/plans for said company, and for Steve himself to maybe have a chance to say a few things about how he feels about the strides he has made in the Car-Audio world or the friends that car audio has brought him, just general good stuff about the thing he and all of us love so much. I don’t know details, these are all just ideas.

Everyone leaves and waits for the next one!

I guess the point of this thread would be to hear from all of you that would be interested in seeing this happen, but more IMPORTANTLY, would like to be involved in making it happen.

This is just an idea, and I have not spoken to Steve about this, just a few Mods in chat on a couple different occasions. I was told to post up a thread and see where it leads, so

Whatcha Think Steve?

And everyone else too :D

Edited by Gotz1lung

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

DC Audio Dealer and Team Member

that sounds like it could be a good time, I dunno isstead of like one person doing a BBQ or some have like a BBQ cook of or something also on the first night.

Edited by shainemcconnell

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Just one thing I could say about that, F*ck Yeah.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

WTH is a "geet"? LOL, J/k. If it was close enough I would see about it. I like the idea.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Sounds like it would be pretty complicated depending on how many people actually went through with it. IMO it would take at least 30-40 dedicated members to pull it off, but if it goes down im definitely in.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

good god sir....didnt know u were gonna get so detailed..but i like it!

i was thinking just something more casual....like a demo day...

everybody with a meter brings it...and we can meter like different orgs

but the way u speak...its like creating a entirely different organization....and i kinda like it!!!!! ;

i likes me some audio stuff...

WTH is a "geet"? LOL, J/k. If it was close enough I would see about it. I like the idea.

U type out all that shit, and not misspell a word or 2..lmao

Sounds like it would be pretty complicated depending on how many people actually went through with it. IMO it would take at least 30-40 dedicated members to pull it off, but if it goes down im definitely in.

we had 75 on the planning team, everyone was responsible for a certain function of the event. it wasnt easy.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s

good god sir....didnt know u were gonna get so detailed..but i like it!

i was thinking just something more casual....like a demo day...

everybody with a meter brings it...and we can meter like different orgs

but the way u speak...its like creating a entirely different organization....and i kinda like it!!!!! ;

Ya, i guess Bill Strong had the idea to make the Mr2 known to the community, and have fun doing it. The first yr he planned it entirely by himself, with a forum a lot smaller than what SMD now is BTW, and it grew from that. The mr2 forum is right at 43000 members now, and i heard that the last event(after i left the mr2 world) was close to 2900 cars, but wasnt there to say for sure. The last year i was involved, we had 1500 some odd people and almost 600 cars show.

93 Chevy Silverado

Crossfire,Dayton

Soon to have 6 Lvl4 15s